Would Floyd Mayweather stand a chance against prime Hearns?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Yeah if not that one then the Tony fight:damn:

I think Tommy had a point to prove since he got stopped in the first one and ended up giving Barkley opportunities and punishment too

toney beat the absolute shyt out of iran....still makes me go :huhldup:..toney showed his whole repertoire

no minimalist shyt going on...:ohlawd: lights out

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hearns would win by a few rounds....floyd is great but not god

Derekjackson2

Banned
Daps
Barkley neutralizes Hearn's strength which is his hand speed & power. Barkley could take extreme punishment & had a bad eye so feints didn't work because he couldn't see. Barkley just punched until he hit something. Toney is his prime & in shape could give Floyd problems.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Floyd has fought in the pocket with big punchers with handspeed before, Canelo and Oscar to name a couple, handled their power well also even though they couldnt tag Floyd much:ehh:. Floyd has been able to recover/recoup from shots that would KO most boxers. Impressive because they were shots Floyd didn't see imo/should have did more damage. Fire was returned/dog was brought out in those cases too where you forgot Floyd was even buzzed. I actually think it would benefit Floyd/not benefit Hearns to stay in the pocket instead of being in range of his jab and etc giving way to leverage:manny:
How dare you compare Oscar/Candelo to the reach of Hearns and his hilarious speed and full throttle style. lol. They wouldn't last 3 rounds with Hearns. lol.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I have always liked Hearns in this matchup but a lot of yall picking Hearns in a wash are discounting the mental aspect of the game...

Boxing is 20% physical 80% mental...

Hearns was very skilled and physically gifted but he wasn't very bright which is why with the exception of Duran he lost the two other major fights he was in...This is the same Hearns who had the fight in the bag against Ray Leonard (9 rounds out of 12 rounds on all three judges score cards) and decided to get stupid in the winning rounds and subsequently KO'd...Same Hearns that had his legs massaged before his fight with Hagler which is why Manny told him to be aggressive and chase the KO...He knew Hearns wasn't going to last with those legs being softened before the fight...

Hearns got the physical tools and boxing skills to beat Floyd, we all know that but something always goes wrong mentally with this dude...Seen him lose focus too many times...Hearns was all types of wrong for Floyd though, he's too big, long and crafty for Floyd to pot shot...Floyd would have to step into Hearns power zone and Hearns jab wouldn't make that easy and neither would that devastating right hand...A patient SMART Tommy Hearns wins this fight but you never know which Hearns is going to show up...

One thing I will always remember brother Naazim saying about Floyd before the Shane fight though...Naazim said Shane's going to catch him and Floyd at some point would respond like a dragon and Shane would have to “step on his tail”....Everything Nazzim said happened but Shane couldn't step on that tail...We're so used to seeing Floyd pot shot his way to a decision that we overlook the fact when pushed he can step out of his shell and do a lot more with those hands...

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How dare you compare Oscar/Candelo to the reach of Hearns and his hilarious speed and full throttle style. lol. They wouldn't last 3 rounds with Hearns. lol.
:francis: c'mon breh point out exactly where i said that

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I have always liked Hearns in this matchup but a lot of yall picking Hearns in a wash are discounting the mental aspect of the game...

Boxing is 20% physical 80% mental...

Hearns was very skilled and physically gifted but he wasn't very bright which is why with the exception of Duran he lost the two other major fights he was in...This is the same Hearns who had the fight in the bag against Ray Leonard (9 rounds out of 12 rounds on all three judges score cards) and decided to get stupid in the winning rounds and subsequently KO'd...Same Hearns that had his legs massaged before his fight with Hagler which is why Manny told him to be aggressive and chase the KO...He knew Hearns wasn't going to last with those legs being softened before the fight...

Hearns got the physical tools and boxing skills to beat Floyd, we all know that but something always goes wrong mentally with this dude...Seen him lose focus too many times...Hearns was all types of wrong for Floyd though, he's too big, long and crafty for Floyd to pot shot...Floyd would have to step into Hearns power zone and Hearns jab wouldn't make that easy and neither would that devastating right hand...A patient SMART Tommy Hearns wins this fight but you never know which Hearns is going to show up...

One thing I will always remember brother Naazim saying about Floyd before the Shane fight though...Naazim said Shane's going to catch him and Floyd at some point would respond like a dragon and Shane would have to “step on his tail”....Everything Nazzim said happened but Shane couldn't step on that tail...We're so used to seeing Floyd pot shot his way to a decision that we overlook the fact when pushed he can step out of his shell and do a lot more with those hands...

Floyd can do almost anything from what we seen but would those fun tools work against a focused prime Hearns who has great speed, pressure, and reach the likes Mayweather has never seen.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I think highly of Floyd and the list of guys in history from 130-140 who I'd pick over him is short.

However, that lists gets longer at 147 and above, and Hearns is one of the worst style matchups for Mayweather you could make.