Would Floyd Mayweather stand a chance against prime Hearns?

Discussion in 'The Ring' started by R=G, Jan 17, 2017.

1. patscorpio

patscorpio RIP to the Greatest of All Time Staff Member Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang
    Coli Cash:
    $12778.20

toney beat the absolute shyt out of iran....still makes me go :huhldup:..toney showed his whole repertoire

no minimalist shyt going on...:ohlawd: lights out

2. DrX

DrX Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming) Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

hearns would win by a few rounds....floyd is great but not god

Mr. Leonidas dapped this.
  3. Derekjackson2

Derekjackson2 Rookie

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Barkley neutralizes Hearn's strength which is his hand speed & power. Barkley could take extreme punishment & had a bad eye so feints didn't work because he couldn't see. Barkley just punched until he hit something. Toney is his prime & in shape could give Floyd problems.

4. bxrfan

bxrfan All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

Problems? Toney in his prime & in shape knocks small ass Floyd the fukk out :heh:

redd1230, Mr. Leonidas, cmvegeta and 2 others dapped this.
  5. R=G

R=G GKNL Hall of Shame Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Westcoast
    Coli Cash:
    $445127.00

How dare you compare Oscar/Candelo to the reach of Hearns and his hilarious speed and full throttle style. lol. They wouldn't last 3 rounds with Hearns. lol.

Mr. Leonidas dapped this.
  6. The Fukin Prophecy

The Fukin Prophecy RIP Champ

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $325014.00

I have always liked Hearns in this matchup but a lot of yall picking Hearns in a wash are discounting the mental aspect of the game...

Boxing is 20% physical 80% mental...

Hearns was very skilled and physically gifted but he wasn't very bright which is why with the exception of Duran he lost the two other major fights he was in...This is the same Hearns who had the fight in the bag against Ray Leonard (9 rounds out of 12 rounds on all three judges score cards) and decided to get stupid in the winning rounds and subsequently KO'd...Same Hearns that had his legs massaged before his fight with Hagler which is why Manny told him to be aggressive and chase the KO...He knew Hearns wasn't going to last with those legs being softened before the fight...

Hearns got the physical tools and boxing skills to beat Floyd, we all know that but something always goes wrong mentally with this dude...Seen him lose focus too many times...Hearns was all types of wrong for Floyd though, he's too big, long and crafty for Floyd to pot shot...Floyd would have to step into Hearns power zone and Hearns jab wouldn't make that easy and neither would that devastating right hand...A patient SMART Tommy Hearns wins this fight but you never know which Hearns is going to show up...

One thing I will always remember brother Naazim saying about Floyd before the Shane fight though...Naazim said Shane's going to catch him and Floyd at some point would respond like a dragon and Shane would have to “step on his tail”....Everything Nazzim said happened but Shane couldn't step on that tail...We're so used to seeing Floyd pot shot his way to a decision that we overlook the fact when pushed he can step out of his shell and do a lot more with those hands...

7. NormanConnors

NormanConnors Detroit/MSU Spartan Life

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Detroit
    Coli Cash:
    $345133.00

:francis: c'mon breh point out exactly where i said that

8. R=G

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Westcoast
    Coli Cash:
    $445127.00

Well I'm just making sure we're not on the wrong page

9. R=G

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Westcoast
    Coli Cash:
    $445127.00

Floyd can do almost anything from what we seen but would those fun tools work against a focused prime Hearns who has great speed, pressure, and reach the likes Mayweather has never seen.

cmvegeta dapped this.
  10. Erratic415

Erratic415 Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

I think highly of Floyd and the list of guys in history from 130-140 who I'd pick over him is short.

However, that lists gets longer at 147 and above, and Hearns is one of the worst style matchups for Mayweather you could make.