Would pro wrestling be better if it was still obviously racist?

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
agree with OP. racism will get heat on just about anyone. new day are the corniest dudes alive but if miz called them a bunch of jungle bunnies or something like that or some other derogatory slur I think the ppl would pop big once they started swingin on him.

:mjpls: I'm not so sure about that. Zeb Coulter started getting face reactions early in his gimmick even though he was way out of line.

They probably would want the New Day to forgive and forget and retaliate with kindness. :mjpls:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:mjpls: I'm not so sure about that. Zeb Coulter started getting face reactions early in his gimmick even though he was way out of line.

They probably would want the New Day to forgive and forget and retaliate with kindness. :mjpls:
lmao, that's a good point. i forgot about that.

but the thing with zeb was that he wasn't really a "vocal" racist. he never really called out an ethnic group or called someone a derogatory slur if i recall. he would talk down on illegal immigration but not mexicans. he wouldn't dare call alberto del rio a beaner, or call mark henry a gorilla.

even though that's what it would take to really get that heat on him.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't recall this Shelton/Orton promo either...but, to my point, didn't Orton's racism make you care more about Shelton, or is the reward not worth the price?