WTF was Joe Budden talking about saying we fly high was bigger than Oh boy?

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Forget about charts, man. It was bigger and either you get it because you saw it when it happened...or you didn't.

Ballin' had the parties, clubs and arenas going CRAZY. It was an anthem...period.

Last edited:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a good post.
I think that I can agree that we can throw the numbers out in this case.
Wherever you were when Ballin' came on, it changed the whole atmosphere.

True Sinister

Banned
Daps
We do all of your pretend that we fly high is the first or only track Jim said ballin on?

I heard Jim say it on the get em daddy remix first. Jim was saying balling on like every fukking song.

Ballin' is clearly 2pac shyt to begin with. Oh boy was so big that Jim had to get on remixes just to get son of Cam's reflected glory.

Ringtone era didn't even hit big until Flip. Who knows what type of numbers Cam could have done if that song came out in the ringtone era.

In the Los Angeles area you still here Oh boy get played some time.

You have people sampling it still years later. When they asked Jimmy Walker about appearing in the "Suck it or not"/"wet wipes" video he said he fukked with Cam because oh boy was his joint.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
We fly high was much better than oh boy to me

I always thought oh boy was wack

Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
Only way I could see ''Ballin'' being a bigger hit than ''Oh Boy''
is because Ballin came during a terrible period of HipHop
sure Ballin is going to be a big hit when you released music during a time period
when rappers such as MIMS, Dem Franchise Boyz, and Soulja Boy were out.

Kanye,50,TI,Jay,Nas,Game,Wayne,Jeezy and some others I can't remember were all dropping records

Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
No Kanye or 50 or Wayne

Kanye was coming off late registration which was still getting heavy rotation in 2006, Wayne was coming off of the carter 2 and like father like son dropped in 06( stunting like my daddy was my shyt), and 50 had just dropped the massacre