You ever wonder why NYC never got behind ASAP they way they do these new mediocre acts?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yeah, posse cuts were always a great way for new stars to break out historically. Dave East need to do one with Nas, Ghostface, Jada, and a bunch of top tier vets to get his name bubbling. That's what the rap game is missing sorely.
East has songs with every one of those artists except GFK. Making songs with veterans is not the way lol. He needs to make a mainstream record because he has plenty of street ones.

What he needs to do is make music with his contemporaries which is what he's starting to do now.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I disagree with this, as far as bars go in general, and he's way more descriptive in storytelling and has more concepts. Don't act like Drake seeing him in technical rhyming

That's how nikkas in NY rhymed in the 90's, but "he's ass" :mjlol::pachaha::dead::mindblown::camby:
A$AP is nice he's underrated as an MC. What he struggles most with is consistency and recycled rhymes and to me a severe lack of work in between projects. Suddenly is his best song from a lyrical perspective know that damn near by heart.

I remember Nas tweeting about :lolbron:

Joey isn't the only one spitting at this level in NY. Dave East and Don Q spit flames.