Your thoughts Racist or Educational??

frankster

Rookie
Daps

The CEO of a company that makes an educational game called “Playing History: Slave Trade,” chalked up Twitter outrage that bubbled up over the weekend to cultural differences between Europe and the United States, saying the company didn’t intend to make a “racist or inflammatory game.” He further defended the game, saying it had already received awards in Europe.
The game, which has been out for a couple years, has been reviewed and mocked on YouTube. Some educators object to the the appearance of the slaves, saying the characters appear to be in “blackface,” that it teaches kids math through bartering for children and that one character made a Mr. T reference, saying, “I pity the fool who messes with Chief Janto.” It picked up new steam on Twitter last weekend.
http://thinkprogress.org/education/2...-ceo-response/

GoldTeef

Sarranid Bleu
Daps
Reppin
Fooglies
maybe a little insensitive in some parts but I haven't seen anything I would call racist

End Cruelty

Yuffie butter!
Daps
Reppin
Gaia
Definitely racist. How is stacking slaves beneficial? I'm ok with a simulation of slavery to teach a lesson but this doesn't even make sense.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
fukk this. 100% racist. He says it is designed to show how inhumane the slave trade was. Okay, where is that educational component then? All I'm seeing is Tetris with enslaved people.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There is literally no point to the game, and the concept could be "educational" if done on any entirely different platform in an entirely different way.