‘Shogun’ Rua won't drop to 185, eyes rematch with Rogerio Nogueira

Mad Good Dro

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua is not going anywhere.

After scoring what UFC president Dana White called the "KO of the century" over James Te Huna at UFC Fight Night 33 in Brisbane, Australia, "Shogun" has decided to stay in the light heavyweight division for his next fights after considering a move down to 185 pounds.

"I’ll stay at 205," "Shogun" told MMAFighting.com. "There’s no way (I can drop to 185). I spoke with my team after the fight and they said I shouldn’t (move down), so I won’t. I’ll stay at 205."

"The light-heavyweight division is the toughest division," he continued. "I won two world titles in this division, so I’m adapted to it. My dream is to win the title again, but I’m only thinking about my next fight. I’m not thinking about the title now."

A former UFC light heavyweight champion and PRIDE tournament winner, the Brazilian confirmed he will continue training at Demian Maia’s gym in Sao Paulo for his next fight, which could be against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.

"I trained at Demian Maia’s gym in Sao Paulo for two and a half months and everything went perfect," he said. "The most important is that I won, so I want to dedicate this victory to Demian Maia’s team.

"Sure, (my next fight) could be ‘Minotouro.’ He’s done great recently so this fight could happen (next)."

"Shogun" had his back against the wall following consecutive losses to Alexander Gustafsson and Chael Sonnen, and he believes Te Huna’s style was a perfect match-up for him.

"It didn’t make it easier, but the fight was more dynamic," he said. "That’s my style, and that’s what I like to do.

"I don’t fight waiting for the knockout, but that’s something that can happen because of the small gloves you can knock anybody out with one punch. Thanks God I had some first-round knockouts in my career and that’s what I always go for, and I got the win."

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Dana is a hype man, its all he is. Every event is the biggest in MMA history......until the next one. He gives off that traveling circus vibe.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
He gives off that traveling circus vibe.

tumblr_mu8gujy3sv1s83ffjo1_250.gif

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
KO of the century :dahell: Dana really loves to over-exaggerate shyt, doesn't he.
ufc fans are so easily swayed sometimes its needed to sell an upcoming fight.This however was one of those times he comes of like a used car salesman