“There are no genres anymore” - Post Malone (SMMFH)

ReasonableMatic

Daps
While hip-hop debates whether or not Post Malone is part of the genre, the artist himself doesn't seem to be very concerned with the very notion of genre.

In a new interview with HITS Daily Double, Posty, frequently critiqued for co-opting Black culture, suggested that genres simply do not exist anymore.

“I like everything—metal, old country, hip-hop, funk and R&B,” Malone said. “What I’m not into is boxes. I don’t put people in boxes. There are no genres anymore. If a song makes you feel nice or it makes you feel sad or if it makes you feel anything, what does it really matter what category it is?”

an interview with DJBooth. In 2017, he faced a considerable amount of criticism after suggesting fans of "real shyt" avoid current hip-hop. Malone can identify however he likes, but he cannot escape the optics of his situation, the playlists his music is funneled into, or the artists with whom he continuously works. Or, he can just say optics do not exist, much like genres, and we can all go about our days.

Post Malone: "There Are No Genres Anymore"

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
I get what he means and i think people are giving him to much power making those reactionary statements.

But thats what hip hop is... least thats what i thought.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Soon to be donkey of the day again lol. fukk this cac