“They (WWE) basically tried to sign our entire roster, and pretty much tried to shut us down.”

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
SD was good for about 4 years on the brand split

I'd say about the first two... and then again for about two years around '08-'09.

Cause that shyt went straight to hell around '04 with the JBL reign of terror and every terrible gimmick they didn't want on Raw. Shoutout to Mordecai, Kenzo Suzuki, Rene Dupree with the little poodle, etc

Last edited:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Lucha underground is dope. For some reason I get the sense that it's hhh that's really watching closely on these other wrestling promotions. I don't think Vince has been on the watch since wcw/ecw died.:ld:

This is how Vince and his company get down and they been doing it since the awa/nwa days. When the tides are turned tho it's like they feel raped of what's theirs.:francis:

I think it was in Titan sinking or death of WCW that mentioned Vince doesn't really follow wrestling outside of WWE/F.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This is how Vince and his company get down and they been doing it since the awa/nwa days. When the tides are turned tho it's like they feel raped of what's theirs.:francis:

:manny: if you had the opportunity to secure talent (especially people who are unhappy where they are), why not?

Back when Ted Turner's crew got involved with Crockett and were driving MFs away in '88-'89, it was only right to grab them dudes up. For his trouble, Vince got Arn, Tully, Dusty, Powers of Pain, Windham, Garvin, Bossman, and LOD. :whew:

But I do agree, they're comical when they start crying foul about how WCW 'took' their guys in the '90s... if anybody could understand that, I would think THEY would.

All in all, it's the wrestling business. Nobody stays the same place forever unless we're talkin' about Greg Gagne.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I'd say about the first two... and then again for about two years around '08-'09.

Cause that shyt went straight to hell around '04 with the JBL reign of terror and every terrible gimmick they didn't want on Raw. Shoutout to Mordecai, Kenzo Suzuki, Rene Dupree with the little poodle, etc

They had something going in 09 with Edge, Jericho, Taker, Punk, Mysterio, Morrison, Batista, and Jeff Hardy all on SmackDown.