Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Buzz and Jessie

maybe Woody gets a new toy since Bo Peep was sold

This statement here
"As Morris stated, Pixar’s current plan for Toy Story 4 is to make a romantic comedy that’s light on the human-to-toy interactions, as well as any direct links to the previous Toy Stories

I think it might be a love story between the owner and the toy ... similiar to the obsession that guy had in TS2 ... or how Andy felt when he saw Woody again at 19 and didnt wanna give him up....
Even some of us .. we got stuff we wouldnt give up even though we dont use it anymore... Its a certain Love we have for our stuff [insert George Carlin "stuff" routine here]

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
that statement ... as far as I see it for Pixar is true......
It took how many years before we got TS2? then 3? .... Incredibles 2 is over 10.... no up sequel .... no Wall-E .... No bug's life.....

If they where about the $$ we should be on TS 8 by now... if it was 1 every 3 years....

Disney on teh other hand is milking ang might kill the SW franchise with these stand alone films... I like SW every 3 year not every year for 9 years
You're right about Pixar, but I gave the duck tales smiley because that really isn't the case with 90% of hollywood studios. And you're right about Disney being the worst when it comes to rushing out sequels.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
Not mentioned yet, but it was delayed until June 15 2018

In March 2015, Pixar president Jim Morris stated that the film will not be a continuation of the third film but will instead be a stand-alone sequel.

apparently the movie is going to be focused on the toys

In August 2015, at the D23 Expo, Lasseter stated that the film would focus on the romance between Woody and Bo Peep

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Difference is, writers don't get creaky knees. A good idea is a good idea and with the right writers, you can keep it going. Pixar doesn't just make movies to make movies. They're in a position most studios would kill to be in: making movies only when the mood strikes them to do so

I know this an old post, and it may have been brought up already, but Cars 2, breh? Didn't they only make that movie because Cars was their top merchandise seller? Yes, it sells more merch than Toy Story. :beli:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Ironically the Cars films are by far their worst.

I feel like Pixar has an A-team and a B-team of writers and animators. A-team gets Toy Story 1, 2, and 3, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc, Inside Out, Up, etc. and the B-team gets Cars 1 & 2, Monsters University, Brave, The Good Dinosaur, etc. It's probably like picking teams for a football game. I wonder which team got Finding Dory. :mjpls: