1 credit hour short of BA... Should I still apply to jobs that require BA?

Should I keep applying?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
Man so this weird ass white professor failed me on a 1 credit hour physical education course (online version that!). I only needed a D to pass, and I did all the work to obtain at least a C, but I missed an exam due to private circumstances, and the weird ass white lady wouldn't let me make it up, and gave me an F literally 2 points away from a D.
:what:

I did WALK, but I didn't get my degree. I'm leaving school with a ton of debt from everywhere, I don't even have enough money to take a 1 credit hour course that shyt is about 1 band that I don't have. Plus I've ran my financial aid up I think. I'm applying for jobs right now, and I do mark that I have a BA, but I'm wondering if this will fukk me up if I get to the interview and tell them my situation.
:mjcry:

Should I keep applying for jobs that require BA or strongly prefer it? As soon as I get my money right I'm gonna take an online course at another school and get the credit hour.
:wow:

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
Is the 1 credit mandatory or an elective? You should email the provost and ask him to waive the credit so you can get your degree. It worked for me after the Dean turned me down originally. Went above the Dean's head.

Nah It's a General Class mandatory for all Majors. Usually people take these type of courses their freshman year. I waited till my Senior year so I'd have all easy stuff.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Did you do an internship for credit? If not, you’re fine. Find someone who owns a business and is willing to take you on as a intern for credit.

At most schools that’s 3 credits.

kuts

All Star
Daps
In all my jobs in NYC I don't know if actually having a degree even mattered, just that I had it on my resume appeared enough.

I feel like if you pass the eye test and can do the work then that's good enough.

At the same time, if you don't have any relevant professional experience like an internship or did any freelancing then you might be short LOL.

Because then you wouldn't have anything to finesse.