10/8 PBC on SHO: Sebastian Fundora vs Carlos Ocampo

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
More I watch Fundora the less I like him :francis:
Maybe he has another level in him but right now it's looking like a vicious KO loss is in his near future
Fighters like Fundora basing their game plan too much on took clean shots to the chin + volume. You can go with that for a while but those clean shots still take their toll, they add up and you can become washed quickly, look at where's Jarret Hurd now.
Also they can just meet someone who's either matching them in physicality and shut their game down or has the punching power to dent their solid chin.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Adames looked sharp, his biggest win is still Derev but this might be his best performance so far, looked agile on his feet and threw vicious shots, worked the body as well, he took some exchanges square on but the he already knew he will end this soon. He's ready for Charlo, not sure if he takes Charlo's huge counter shots but it's an interesting fight cause Charlo showed vulnerability as of late and Adames looked his best recently, outshining Mall's performances.

Martinez vs Ancajas was similar to the first to me but Ancajas had some early success here, still probably only won like 2-3 rounds and then Martinez's pressure took over completely. Martinez gets beat by the likes of Chocolatito and Bam but I'd watch those fights, it's a rough division and he's still a fun, good quality fighter. Martinez vs Franco or a unification with Ioka would be nice.

Props to Mykal Fox for regenerating and staying in the fight with Kavaliauskas but the difference in level was obvious and imo expected too. Kavaliauskas is dangerous to everyone apart the narrow elite of the division even at 34, would love to see him vs Ugas, Thurman or Stanionis in an att Lithuanian matchup.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Fighters like Fundora basing their game plan too much on took clean shots to the chin + volume. You can go with that for a while but those clean shots still take their toll, they add up and you can become washed quickly, look at where's Jarret Hurd now.
Also they can just meet someone who's either matching them in physicality and shut their game down or has the punching power to dent their solid chin.
all of this

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Props to Mykal Fox for regenerating and staying in the fight with Kavaliauskas but the difference in level was obvious and imo expected too. Kavaliauskas is dangerous to everyone apart the narrow elite of the division even at 34, would love to see him vs Ugas, Thurman or Stanionis in an att Lithuanian matchup.
@Dallas' 4 Eva the praise you want ocampo to have you should be giving to mean machine breh lol

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
ocampo would prolly lose that journeyman too :sas1:
We'll never know now will we. :mjgrin:

I just know I was expected to give a certain fighter max credit for beating a slightly anove journeyman fighter in a struggle fest and not expected to give another fighter any credit for annihilating a slightly above journeyman fighter with little to no struggle at all.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Per the California State Athletic Commission, these are the official contract purses from the Premier Boxing Champions event that took place on Showtime on Saturday night: Sebastian Fundora $300,000, Carlos Ocampo $75,000; Carlos Adames $100,000, Juan Macias Montiel $1000,000; Fernando Martinez $75,000, Jerwin Ancajas $100,000; Egidijus Kavaliauskas $50,000, Mykal Fox $25,000; Victor Slavinksyi $7,500, Edward Vazquez $8,000; Gabriela Fundora $10,000, Naomi Reyes $8,000; Justin Cardona $6,000, Angel Rebollar $5,000; Brandon Lynch $8,000, Roque Junco $6,000; Elijah Garcia $5,000, Edgar Valenzuela $1,500; Eumir Marcial $800 (not a typo), Steven Pichardo $6,000.