Glad I skipped this meaningless fight. HE division is truly mediocre

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Dillian Whyte Defends Performance: “I Went Into The Fight With A Biceps Injury, Chest Infection”​

dillian-whyte%20(7)_1669309845.jpg

BY HANS THEMISTODE
Published Tue Nov 29, 2022, 06:23 AM EST
The beginning of Dillian Whyte’s year didn't quite go according to plan. But, even with the heavyweight contender suffering a brutal knockout loss at the hands of Tyson Fury on April 23rd, the 35-year-old was determined to turn things around.
This past weekend, with the support of his British fans, Whyte (29-3, 19 KOs) prevailed following an all-out brawl against Jermaine Franklin. Although Whyte did just enough to eke out the majority decision, the former WBC interim tag holder found himself under scrutiny.
While he’s unwilling to let the slander get under his skin, Whyte recently revealed that, considering what he was going through, his critics have no room to chastise him.
“I never get no credit,” said Whyte on Behind The Gloves. “I fought a young undefeated guy. I went into the fight with a biceps injury, chest infection.”
Franklin, a fringe contender who was hoping to jumpstart his career with a win over Whyte, was apoplectic following the judge’s decision.
Nearly out on his feet after countless hellacious blows hit him square on the chin in the final round, Franklin believed that his early showing was enough to give him the edge. Through the first five rounds of their heavyweight scrap, according to CompuBox, Franklin out-landed his man repeatedly. Additionally, at the sound of the final bell, Franklin registered 165 punch connects, to Whyte’s 144.
Still, despite the American’s success, Whyte became incredulous when Franklin bellyached over his close victory. Next up for the loquacious contender, is a likely sequel against longtime rival, Anthony Joshua.
From Franklin’s perspective, however, Whyte should grant him an immediate rematch, something the Jamaican native has scoffed at. As for what appeared to be a listless performance, Whyte believes that, at least in part, his new shared partnership with Buddy McGirt was to blame.
Ultimately, the 2022 boxing calendar has been a perplexing one. With countless big names suffering defeat in the unlikeliest of scenarios, Whyte admits that he refused to join the ranks of his fallen contemporaries.
“The main thing with me was mentally. You’ve seen fighters lose lately. It’s not easy.”