2 Black Women Become the Youngest in Calif. to Own Beauty-Supply Store

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
944975_938865676229503_6265953094851414957_n.jpg.CROP.rtstoryvar-large.jpg

One of the biggest complaints many people have when it comes to visiting their local beauty-supply store is that they’re typically owned by nonblack people. But there’s one store in Moreno Valley, Calif., that’s changing the face of beauty-supply-store ownership.

Kayla Davis, 19, and Keonna Davis, 21, are sisters who are making hair and entrepreneurship history in California. They are now the youngest owners of a beauty-supply store.

KD Haircare Supply is located at 24453 Sunnymead Blvd. in Moreno Valley. The store is stocked with everything from natural-hair products to wigs and weaves, so there’s something available for all hair preferences.

To learn more about KD Haircare Supply, visit its website. On Wednesday, the Davis sisters will tell us exactly how they started their business.​

2 Black Women Become the Youngest in Calif. to Own Beauty-Supply Store

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I was just saying to my wife that I don't understand why black people don't own hair shops. How is it that I can go to any black neighborhood and it seems like it's the same got damn Chinese woman running the hair store? Is it really that hard to buy a couple loads of weave and wigs from Alibaba, get a store-front, and sell that shyt? I was in Goodwill one time and there were 8 - 15 gallon tubs full of Brazilian hair, brand new in the packs. I told quite a few people that know about that shyt to go up there and get it so they could use it or sell it on eBay or whatever...you think them nikkas did it? fukk no.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
I was just saying to my wife that I don't understand why black people don't own hair shops. How is it that I can go to any black neighborhood and it seems like it's the same got damn Chinese woman running the hair store? Is it really that hard to buy a couple loads of weave and wigs from Alibaba, get a store-front, and sell that shyt? I was in Goodwill one time and there were 8 - 15 gallon tubs full of Brazilian hair, brand new in the packs. I told quite a few people that know about that shyt to go up there and get it so they could use it or sell it on eBay or whatever...you think them nikkas did it? fukk no.

I think its supply chain issues.

Asians/Indians/Arabs where the hair comes from are a$$holes about who they sell to.