Veteran
Supporter
Daps

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
Man, it's so open to what you can do to your truck. I guess I have to ask what kind of sound are you looking for because 2 15's is a lot of bass to try to keep up with especially in a SUV. You could be good with some 12's really. But it's what you want to do. So, what are you looking for in terms of sound?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man, it's so open to what you can do to your truck. I guess I have to ask what kind of sound are you looking for because 2 15's is a lot of bass to try to keep up with especially in a SUV. You could be good with some 12's really. But it's what you want to do. So, what are you looking for in terms of sound?

I'm just trying to thump and ride clean as I can for an affordable price.

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
Well, you can thump pretty good with some 12's. You wouldn't need 15's. My cousin has a old Oldsmobile Bravada and he has 2 12's with about 300 watts of power going to them and you can hear him coming down the street. One huge advantage is that you're in a SUV. The sound is going to be there. You get you a couple of 12's with a good 1,000 watts of power to them and I guarantee people are gonna hear you thumping. Were you going to do anything to the rest of your system or were you just going to get the subs and amp?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, you can thump pretty good with some 12's. You wouldn't need 15's. My cousin has a old Oldsmobile Bravada and he has 2 12's with about 300 watts of power going to them and you can hear him coming down the street. One huge advantage is that you're in a SUV. The sound is going to be there. You get you a couple of 12's with a good 1,000 watts of power to them and I guarantee people are gonna hear you thumping. Were you going to do anything to the rest of your system or were you just going to get the subs and amp?

subs and amps I already have a navigation and a dvd player.

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
subs and amps I already have a navigation and a dvd player.
Well, in that case just go with a couple of 12's with no less than 1,000 watts. You save some room and you still got some really nice lows. Make sure it's in a slot ported enclosure and you won't be disappointed.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In my experience 12's have a cleaner and tighter sound(if that makes any sense to u) than 15's. All the 15's I've heard have that deep booming distorted bass. I imagine it would be worse in a SUV.

I'm sure there are some monster 15 inch setups out there but unless ur competing I just don't see the point of them.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And about the exhaust....

I'm not sure how this will sound on a Pathfinder but, magnaflows are usually the can't miss brand when it comes to exhaust. Just make sure it's all stainless steel so u wont rust in a couple years, and go with a single dual in/dual out muffler. Going with 2 mufflers is a better setup but it will cost more and u will have to get a custom bracket for the second muffler. Dual in/dual out is all u will probably need. And make sure u keep your resonator or else u will hear that annoying drone while u drive.

The muffler and tips will probably run u about $400-500 which isn't too bad. But the custom piping will probably cost a grip, u need to shop around for that.

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
I was also going to ask what engine is in your Pathfinder? That would make a difference. One of my supervisors at work has a Titan with a Magnaflow exhaust and that bytch sound good, really, really good. Surprised the shyt out of me when he hit it one time going home. I'm walking to my car and he goosed it from a stoplight. shyt sounded really good.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
i just finish looking at the '12 Pathfinders and Armadas.

i been going back and forth between these two, a Titan, and a Malibu LT.