2023-24 Contract Season: Where TSC heathens discuss everything about wrestling except contracts/free agency

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Man will was never going to WWE
Yeah if they offered him less money AND told him he had to move to the US then that's not even really a competitive offer.

Impact was even allegedly offering him 7 figures too, and you know they aren't going to be telling him he's got to move to the US. WWE would have probably only been the third option if Impact was really offering that kind of money.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
That reporting goes against a couple of my TSC friends like @Larry Legend who said WWE isn't trying to sign Ospreay :mjgrin: :troll:

Lol no, it kinda confirms it

I said from jump that WWE wouldn’t go dollar for dollar with Tony in some bid

And it sounds like Tony won the bid… which means…..

I feel like you misunderstand my thoughts on this situation. Do I think WWE wanted him? Of course. Every wrestling company wants him. Do I think WWE was willing to offer him brock lesnar money? No sir. They probably offered that nikka a dragon lee contract lol. Tony opened that pocketbook brother

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps

Kazuchika Okada Set To Become Free Agent In 2024​

The face of New Japan Pro-Wrestling, Kazuchika Okada may soon have a new home

Kazuchika Okada is about to become a free agent, Sports Illustrated has learned.

The face of New Japan Pro-Wrestling, Okada’s current contract expires at the end of January. While a new deal with New Japan would typically be underway, Okada, 36, is seriously entertaining the possibility of wrestling for a different promotion.

When Okada wrestled on Dynamite in October, the purpose of his trip was not solely to advance his feud with Bryan Danielson ahead of their Wrestle Kingdom match on January 4. That Dynamite in Philadelphia also allowed Okada a chance to acquire a better sense of AEW, which is one of the two destinations he will land if he opts to exit New Japan.

Beyond AEW, the only other possibility for Okada is WWE. The creative in WWE is headed by Paul “Triple H” Levesque, who would relish the opportunity to guide Okada to stardom in North America.

One of Levesque’s most trusted allies in WWE is Shawn Michaels, who oversees NXT. Nearly three years ago during an interview with Sports Illustrated, Michaels touched on Okada’s brilliance:

“Someone once asked me how Okada would adjust if he were ever in the WWE, and I know the answer to that—he’d adjust fantastically, because he’s a fantastic talent,” said Michaels, who is now WWE’s Senior Vice President of Talent Development Creative. “It’s like me. People would say, ‘Well, you only wrestled in the WWE,’ but I could have wrestled anywhere. When a guy is talented, he’s talented.”

The most recent superstar to move from New Japan to WWE was Shinsuke Nakamura, who signed with WWE in 2016. Though he never won the world title, Nakamura received a strong initial push in WWE. Seven years later, he is currently in the best stretch of his WWE run, having just finished a fantastic world heavyweight title feud with Seth Rollins—and now beginning a program with Cody Rhodes. Yet there were also prolonged stretches where the company had very little for him creatively. That blame could be pinned on Vince McMahon, who is no longer overseeing creative for WWE, but Nakamura was working the Slim Jim Battle Royal as recently as this past SummerSlam.

Okada is the flagship of New Japan–this would be similar to Randy Orton or Roman Reigns leaving WWE–and his next destination is important to New Japan. There were many who expected Nakamura’s run in WWE to be much shorter and that he would already have returned to New Japan, but there are no indications he will return anytime soon. If Okada enters free agency, he is expected to receive a massive payday wherever he signs.

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
giphy.gif

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I don't see Okada going to WWE, even though Hunter really wants him. He has a 1 year old, and his wife is bigger in Japan than him. He's not going uproot his family and move over here.

If anything, he'll go to AEW since he'll be able to stay in Japan. But I think he's stays in NJPW. He's treated like a king, and he's said he wants to give his prime years to them.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Y’all gon fall for this again?

Listen to me clearly… WWE is not outbidding Tony for any of these people. Not one.

If WWE lands anyone, it’ll be a guy returning to WWE like Andrade and Black, or some up and coming Indy/AEW cat ready to get it out the mud in NXT

These okada and ibushi ass nikkas all going to AEW fam. They’ll get bigger offers.

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
If Okada leaves for AEW, the puro gatekeepers are going to have a nuclear meltdown so big it will make the Fukushima nuclear meltdown look like a minor incident

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Remember when HHH was vilified for talent poaching the indies and Japan :sas2: