2024 UPDATE!! Altman: prepare for AI to be "uncomfortable" 33% US jobs gone..SKYNET, AI medical advances? BASIC INCOME? 1st AI MOVIE! IRS using AI

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
September 2023. Robots building robots

AUGUST 2021

TESLA BOT

JULY 2021

FIrst child credit checks in the mail!!!

Child tax credit: Biden to tout 'historic' effort to end child poverty in remarks on expanded payments - CNNPolitics

Huuugggee update! One thing I always tell people who think I’m overreacting is that we already have the technology to wipe out tens of millions of jobs. What’s holding it back is that we haven’t yet developed the socio/economic/political infrastructure to deal with the repurcussions.

NYTimes has a behind the scenes look at what’s going on in Davos and it’s not pretty. The elites /vultures are salivating.

“The Hidden Automation Agenda of the Davos Elite”

McKinsey: automation may wipe out 1/3 of America’s workforce by 2030

In a new study that is optimistic about automation yet stark in its appraisal of the challenge ahead, McKinsey says massive government intervention will be required to hold societies together against the ravages of labor disruption over the next 13 years. Up to 800 million people—including a third of the work force in the U.S. and Germany—will be made jobless by 2030, the study says.

Hmmm, I wonder what they mean.

This is McKinsey talking.

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
If 2030 is the timetable then I think self driving cars will be the big job killer.

All my CDL brehs better get there certs up.

It'll all be worth it just to avoid conversation with the uber driver :blessed:

shyt..considering how often I see those self driving uber and google cars in the burgh.

No doubt self driving cars/trucks are gonna wipe out a shyt load of jobs.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't feel like we are technologically at a point right now that would have us in an automation boom by 2030.

Of course we are. It's just that companies and the government know we're not yet prepared for the resulting chaos. We have the technology to wipe out truckers, fast food workers and even more manufacturing right now.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Of course we are. It's just that companies and the government know we're not yet prepared for the resulting chaos. We have the technology to wipe out truckers, fast food workers and even more manufacturing right now.
I feel that way because even now we are second behind Japan in robotics in manufacturing but there is still a large demand for human intervention. A fully autonomous system is going to require several more advancements in AI.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel that way because even now we are second behind Japan in robotics in manufacturing but there is still a large demand for human intervention. A fully autonomous system is going to require several more advancements in AI.

It's not about full autonomy. There will always be some human intervention/participation. But there are millions of jobs right now for which we have the technical know how to replace.

It's why the fast food restaurants probably actually love the $15/hr minimum wage movement. It gives them the space/justification to start the process of automation.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
this isn't a good thing
Change isn’t a bad thing. Technology is supposed to make our lives better. The problem comes in when companies are people too. And they want their lives — profits to be better too.

Life is a fragile thing. You can’t hold a gun to a corporation. However, you can hold a gun to the head of the people who tell me corporations are people too.

Let’s see these corporations reflexes. Let’s see if they protect their CEOs as a mother bear protects her cubs.