2024 NFL Offseason Thread

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GLyhldyXoAAjyLf

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lions locked in those deals a year early before some of these WRs and OL in the class bump the market with their deals.
But now the bigger thing is the contract that they're going to end up giving Goff :patrice:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

Lions locked in those deals a year early before some of these WRs and OL in the class bump the market with their deals.
But now the bigger thing is the contract that they're going to end up giving Goff :patrice:

If Penix is there at 29, I'm taking him. Hell, I'd even be inclined to move up. I'll let him sit behind Goff, and then turning the keys over to him after this upcoming season. Reset that QB salary scale, and be able to pay the young cats while they can.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Penix is there at 29, I'm taking him. Hell, I'd even be inclined to move up. I'll let him sit behind Goff, and then turning the keys over to him after this upcoming season. Reset that QB salary scale, and be able to pay the young cats while they can.

Goff getting an extension.

Mazino

All Star
Daps
You don't think much of Hooker?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I dunno, man. Drafting a QB that'll be 24 when the season starts to sit him for a full season is a bit reckless. Especially considering they basically did the same thing with Hendon Hooker, and breh is nowhere remotely close to seeing the field seriously.

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stafford wants more money which would cause more job security

Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford’s $31 million base salary this season is guaranteed. But beyond this season, Stafford has two more years on his contract, and only $10 million guaranteed. He wants to change that. Stafford is wisely applying pressure in order to ensure he doesn’t get thrown overboard after the current season. They’d need to make a quick decision (there’s a $5 million roster bonus due on the third day of the league year), but they’d definitely be able to move on after 2023 with only $10 million owed. Stafford wants that number to be higher, ensuring as a practical matter that they won’t cut him.