2Pac & Goodie Mob Were Working On Joint Album, Says Big Gipp

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps
2pac-goodie-mob-were-working-on-joint-album-says-big-gipp-1200x675.jpg

"2Pac was apparently working on a full project with Goodie Mob before his passing, according to a group member.

During an interview with According 2 Hip Hop published on Tuesday (November 28), Big Gipp said that the Southern legends were working on a record with Pac, though he didn’t say much else about it.

“Before he got out [of] Death Row, he was already calling our office and was like, ‘Yo, when I get out, I’m comin’ to Atlanta,’” he explained. “He’d did New York, he’d did LA and I think he’d wanted to come and finish his career off in Atlanta.”

Check out the 50-year-old talk about his departed friend below:

Big Gipp has previously talked about ‘Pac and his relationship with Goodie Mob, even going so far as to claim that the “Dear Mama” wanted to join the group.

In a 2o21 interview that seems to stand in some contrast to his new one, Gipp stated that his group turned down working with the rapper and actor because “being in business with Death Row — we just knew that wasn’t the right thing for us at the time.”

Gipp has always expressed his admiration for Shakur. Earlier this year, the Goodie Mob member voiced his dissatisfaction with Billboard and Vibe’s Top 50 Greatest Rappers of All Time list, claiming that if 2Pac were still alive, he would have lyrically bested JAY-Z.

“The only reason why you inching Jay past 2Pac is because he got god-damn Beyoncé,” Gipp said in an interview with The Art of Dialogue. “You take Beyoncé away then shyt, bar for bar, yeah, he might rap better than ‘Pac. But ‘Pac came with the heart. That’s different, that’s just different. You can never beat the heart, bro. Some people can be technical, just like the difference between Jordan and LeBron.”

He continued: “If ‘Pac was here, who you think the girl would have been with? Hold up … you still can’t act. You can’t do no movies, you can’t do what ‘Pac was doing. C’mon, how can you be better than ‘Pac? … that boy was a triple threat. He did groups that was successful, solo albums that was successful and movies that was successful. If he had lived, he would have smoked everything walking.

He concluded that no one recorded “as fast” as 2Pac, and noted that girls loved him back when he starred as Bishop in the film Juice."

https://hiphopdx.com/news/2pac-goodie-mob-joint-album-big-gipp

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
If no song was recorded how can you say working on?
Conceptualization stages, intent, also how do you know no song was recorded?

There's whole albums Pac recorded the general public didn't know about for decades.

There is that clip of Pac saying who's on One Nation and he does say Goodie Mob.

It's not at all out of the realm of possibilities that there's some unheard shyt on a lost DAT somewhere. shyt, 4 or 5 years ago we got a bunch of DPG/LBC unknown tracks cause Big C-Style just had a bunch of old DATs he forgot about in the back of a car.

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
Conceptualization stages, intent, also how do you know no song was recorded?

There's whole albums Pac recorded the general public didn't know about for decades.

There is that clip of Pac saying who's on One Nation and he does say Goodie Mob.

It's not at all out of the realm of possibilities that there's some unheard shyt on a lost DAT somewhere. shyt, 4 or 5 years ago we got a bunch of DPG/LBC unknown tracks cause Big C-Style just had a bunch of old DATs he forgot about in the back of a car.

I'd love for there to be more unheard shyt but after 27 years don't you think something would've surfaced by now? Even songs like ny87 were rumored about years before leaking

They were at the studio the night hit em up and good life were recorded but you've never heard them say they did a song with pac until this

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I'd love for there to be more unheard shyt but after 27 years don't you think something would've surfaced by now? Even songs like ny87 were rumored about years before leaking

They were at the studio the night hit em up and good life were recorded but you've never heard them say they did a song with pac until this

At this point, I don't think there's much left of Death Row 2pac material outside of scattered tracks some artists have. I think C-Bo, Rappin' 4-Tay, Quik, and Nuttso have said they have a couple 2pac tracks that are unreleased. Guessing might have a producer or two with a couple tracks, but I don't think there's a whole album or two's worth of original material that hasn't been already leaked.

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
At this point, I don't think there's much left of Death Row 2pac material outside of scattered tracks some artists have. I think C-Bo, Rappin' 4-Tay, Quik, and Nuttso have said they have a couple 2pac tracks that are unreleased. Guessing might have a producer or two with a couple tracks, but I don't think there's a whole album or two's worth of original material that hasn't been already leaked.

E40 has a song called tribulations with pac snoop and b legit and says he'll never release it

C bo said he did 3 songs with pac so there's 1 thats never been leaked

Not sure what else from that era I've heard about that shyt hasn't leaked