9th Wonder & Pete Rock Joining Forces For New Project With The Musalini

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps
9th-wonder-pete-rock-joining-forces-for-new-project-with-musalini-1200x675.jpg

"9th Wonder and Pete Rock are gearing up to drop a brand new music offering with The Musalini.

On Monday (May 15), the Jamla Records artist went to Instagram and announced his new single titled “Carmel City 2” featuring Pete Rock. Production for the single was handled by 9th Wonder.

“MU$ x PETE ROCK x 9TH WONDER …,” The Musalini said. “Back in the days I use to go on youtube and download Pete Rock beats to rap on now my next single features @realpeterock [Face palm emoji] @9thwonder is a musical genius how he flipped this record is ridiculous Hip Hop at its Finest. Artwork created by the God @hueyp_art “Carmel City 2” coming soon The Don & Eye [Goat emoji] JAMLA RECORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The Musalini borrowed the song title for the record and cover art from Pete Rock and C.L .Smooth, who released their single “Carmel City”off their second album The Main Ingredient in 1994.

9th and The Musalini have partnered on many tracks over the years, and most recently collaborated on 2022’s The Don and Eye.

In related news, 9th Wonder recently broke down the three beat changes on Kendrick Lamar’s 2017 track DUCKWORTH. off his record-breaking 2017 album DAMN.

“The first beat I made was for Game because he said he was working on The Documentary 2,” 9th began. “The second and third beat, I made for Common. But he didn’t take those either. Kendrick took those three random ass beats and made them into one song. So he sent it to me. He sent me this session. He said, ‘I don’t want nobody else touching your drums, I don’t want nobody else touching your samples. I want you to mix the record.’ ”

He continued: “So he sent it to me. Ya’ll. The first time I heard that record from top to bottom, I was blown the fukk away. Because at the time, Dave said, ‘Man, I need the sample information for two samples for two beats.’ Then he called me back and said, ‘Now I need it for three.’ Now, I’m thinking, ‘shyt, I’m on the album three times?’ So I called him back and said ‘Wait a minute man, I’m on this album three times?’ He said, ‘No, no, no. You on there once.’ Like what? Why do you need three different samples? He said, ‘Because the beat change three times.’ He said, ‘9th when you hear it, it’s the most incredible shyt.’ ”

“I don’t take none of this shyt for granted. And to say I got one of the best Kendrick Lamar songs of all time is crazy to me. But, that’s Duckworth. That’s Duckworth.”

Meanwhile, Pete Rock threw a little shade back in March in the direction of today’s Hip Hop producers for not being creative enough when it comes to digging for samples.

The Chocolate Boy Wunda had few words of wisdom to offer and instead opted to criticize the direction producers have taken, in which they are flipping more recent tracks — many of which were already hits to begin with.

“They are resampling rap and r&b records that was made only 3-4 years ago [crying laughing face emoji] no diggin for the hits they sampling what was already a hit recently lol [shrug emoji],” he wrote via Twitter."

9th Wonder & Pete Rock Joining Forces For New Project With The Musalini[/QUOTE]

Daps
If you would have told me 20 years ago that Pete Rock would be fukking with anything 9th Wonder produced, let alone be rapping over it.....

:hubie:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
More great beats for above-average rappers.
:hubie: I'm gonna sound like a hater but Mus isn't even above average to me. Probably one of my least favorite rappers in the game right now. He must be cool as fukk in real life because artistically I don't really get the appeal. And he really stretches the authenticity for me. Dude raps about being wealthy and has bytches in every music video and pic on social media but he's got like 40k followers and 20k streams a month on Spotify.

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
:hubie: I'm gonna sound like a hater but Mus isn't even above average to me. Probably one of my least favorite rappers in the game right now. He must be cool as fukk in real life because artistically I don't get the appeal.
I was trying to throw dude a bone because of the collab.
You right. I think about all the good collab albums we missed when legacy producers move like this.
Roc Marciano would be a better collab if this the direction they goin' in.
And I'd still only give it a couple listens before movin' on to something else.
Feel like with producers like this, you gotta be barred up. Musalini ain't that kind of rapper.

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm sorry but this Mussolini cat is wack as hell. I needed just one song to come to that conclusion.

I can see right through him. It's almost like he raps and carries himself like a "stereotypical" rapper.

I listen to him and think to myself "bruh, just be yourself" :why:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I was trying to throw dude a bone because of the collab.
You right. I think about all the good collab albums we missed when legacy producers move like this.
Roc Marciano would be a better collab if this the direction they goin' in.
And I'd still only give it a couple listens before movin' on to something else.
Feel like with producers like this, you gotta be barred up. Musalini ain't that kind of rapper.
Crazy too he has a lot of dope producers doing full collabs with him

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
Crazy too he has a lot of dope producers doing full collabs with him
Maybe his manager or somebody extortin' these dudes 'cause ain't no way.
Pete Rock got jerked by Nas so it's possible, I just wish hip-hop remained barred up for the most part.
It can't end like this: hot beats for karaoke rappers.