A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood Trailer (11/2019) (Mr. Rogers Biopic, Tom Hanks)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I'm really, really glad I saw the documentary Won't You Be My Neighbor before seeing this movie because is not really a biopic. And that's a very good thing. It doesn't rehash what the documentary did so well. Instead of talking about Mr. Roger's accomplishments and life, it shows his impact through the eyes of a cynical and very angry reporter named Lloyd Vogel. In some ways by approaching the story through a cynic's eyes, we see how Mr. Roger's holds up under all of the skepticism and bitterness of a jaded adult. And he's still magical. His impact is undeniable and Tom Hanks really does channel his spirit. I walked into this movie with a chip on my shoulder because I was so enamored with the documentary, and I thought Hollywood was gonna try to steal it's thunder, but after watching Lloyd's journey to forgiveness and hope by way of meeting Mr. Rogers, I think It's A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood is a perfect compliment to the documentary. It makes you want to know more about Mr. Roger's life and it will probably draw people to go seeking the documentary afterwards. I also love this approach to telling someone's story. You don't really get their full story, but you come away a more intimate understanding how they touched people and made a difference in the world.

It ran a little long, but other than that, this was a great movie. 9/10 for me.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Good analysis @NobodyReally

Thoroughly enjoyed this.
really got :mjcry: when the started/ w the mr rogers intro...also liked how by the end, the movie was basically an ep of the show. Great framing.

:wow: @ the restaurant scene. our theater were in bated breath as well...that was pretty powerful

really liked how when they were doing travel transitions they used the same model look from the show

:lolbron::mjlol: @ his bro in law asking rogers about the army shyt. I remember all those stories/rumors about him supposedly being in the army as a kid.

great flick all around, and glad it wasn't about Mr Rogers per se.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Good analysis @NobodyReally

Thoroughly enjoyed this.
really got :mjcry: when the started/ w the mr rogers intro...also liked how by the end, the movie was basically an ep of the show. Great framing.

:wow: @ the restaurant scene. our theater were in bated breath as well...that was pretty powerful

really liked how when they were doing travel transitions they used the same model look from the show

:lolbron::mjlol: @ his bro in law asking rogers about the army shyt. I remember all those stories/rumors about him supposedly being in the army as a kid.

great flick all around, and glad it wasn't about Mr Rogers per se.

After that restaurant scene, my nine year old son said “that felt good.” Niqqa...a tear crept into the corner of my eye because he was actually into the film. :mjcry:

that movie had me all in my feelings. That train scene also reminded me of the day he died and I broke the news to some Brooklyn goons I was around. All of them niqqas paused for a second and said “woooord?” It was wild. For a second you saw a piece of their innocence. this dude was lOved by everyone.

movie had me in my feelings multiple times.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Watched this yesterday with my family and it was really good, one of those movies that can move adults and children both and maybe even get me to chance something. I pretty much knew what to expect and it still moved me a lot more than I thought it would.