A Monster Calls (Liam Neeson, Felicity Jones directed by J.A. Bayona)

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Was a really good film, with a good message for kids....except....maybe not most kids. I sat behind a few families in the theater and none of them really seemed to like it. I heard one grandma say something about seeing Sing instead.The kids seemed bored:francis:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This has been on my list for a while but I think it doesn't drop here until early February.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Saw it today and it was excellent. J.A. Bayona has a knack for visuals on par with Guillermo Del Toro (seriously, the special effects in this and The Impossible make no sense to be this good) but unlike Del Toro he can capture the human element just as easily. The story is kind of a hard sell with it being mostly meant for kids even though the execution is hardly suitable for kids. Ironically the movie pretty much addresses this when it opens with the description of Conor, a boy too old to be a kid and too young to be an adult. That's pretty much where the movie ends up as well, somewhere in between two age groups.

Regardless, despite it not being the most accessible picture there is little to be held against the movie itself, which feels very Spielberg-esque (in a good way) and simply works on every level intended. Needless to say this movie is a tremendous calling card for the Jurassic World sequel directed by Bayona, which promises to be an immense improvement over the first of the man's talent alone.

@FlyRy @MartyMcFly @Sensitive Blake Griffin @wire28 @Nature Boy Ric Flair @Prodigal Syndicate @everyone else who loves actual great movies

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Saw it today and it was excellent. J.A. Bayona has a knack for visuals on par with Guillermo Del Toro (seriously, the special effects in this and The Impossible make no sense to be this good) but unlike Del Toro he can capture the human element just as easily. The story is kind of a hard sell with it being mostly meant for kids even though the execution is hardly suitable for kids. Ironically the movie pretty much addresses this when it opens with the description of Conor, a boy too old to be a kid and too young to be an adult. That's pretty much where the movie ends up as well, somewhere in between two age groups.

Regardless, despite it not being the most accessible picture there is little to be held against the movie itself, which feels very Spielberg-esque (in a good way) and simply works on every level intended. Needless to say this movie is a tremendous calling card for the Jurassic World sequel directed by Bayona, which promises to be an immense improvement over the first of the man's talent alone.

@FlyRy @MartyMcFly @Sensitive Blake Griffin @wire28 @Nature Boy Ric Flair @Prodigal Syndicate @everyone else who loves actual great movies
I really enjoyed it. I added it to my 2016 Honorable Mentions the other day. I'm not sure it breaks my top 10 though :umad: