Adam Sandler confirms he's reuniting with Uncut Gems directors for a new movie

KingsOfKings

๐”ป๐•ฃ๐•–๐•’๐•ž ๐•„๐•–๐•ฃ๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ
Daps
rumors began to swirl earlier this month, EW can exclusively confirm that Adam Sandler and his Uncut Gems directors are planning to reunite for a new project. In an interview with EW this week, Sandler said that he was "going to do another movie with the Safdie brothers," though he declined to offer any further details.

"They're working hard on it," Sandler says of the filmmakers. "Their work ethic is bananas. They're always working, always writing, always thinking. I don't know what I can tell you, but it's gonna be very exciting. It's different. But I don't want them to ever say, 'What the hell did you tell him that for?' So I'll just let them talk [about it

The reunion isn't entirely a surprise: After all, Sandler earned some of the best reviews of his career for his performance in Uncut Gems, as motormouth New York City jeweler, basketball fan, and compulsive gambler Howard Ratner. (He infamously missed out on an Oscar nomination for the film, but did receive an Independent Spirit Award for Best Male Lead.) Both the Safdies and Sandler have spoken with great fondness about their collaboration, and ahead of Gems' release in 2019, the actor told EW that he "would die to work with [the Safdies] again."