Adidas to End Kanye West Partnership After Controversies || Bloomberg.com {UPDATE : No Longer Billionaire Status}

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps
Bloomberg - Are you a robot? wall

-German company may announce it is severing ties on Tuesday

-Adidas has been under pressure after antisemitic remarks by Ye

Adidas AG plans to end its partnership with Kanye West following a rash of offensive behavior from the rapper and designer that turned a once-thriving shoe brand into a lightning rod for criticism.

The German sports company may announce the move as early as Tuesday, according to people familiar with the matter, who asked not to be identified because discussions are private. A representative for Adidas didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

Adidas would join Gap Inc. and Kering SA’s Balenciaga fashion label in cutting ties with West, who now goes by Ye. The rapper has made controversial statements, including antisemitic social media posts in recent weeks, and has moved to cut ties with his corporate partners. Ye couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.

Adidas shares, already weighed down by the controversy, fell as much as 3.2% in Frankfurt trading, reaching the lowest since April 2016.

The Adidas decision follows weeks of deliberations inside the company, which over the past decade has built the Yeezy line -- together with Ye -- into a brand that’s accounted for as much as 8% of Adidas’s total sales, according to several estimates from Wall Street analysts.

The German company is of the view that it owns the intellectual property rights to the products from the collaboration and could continue producing the models, one of the people said.

Adidas earlier this month called the partnership “one of the most successful collaborations in our industry’s history” and said it will continue co-managing Yeezy products during its review.

That success, however, has come with plenty of acrimony between the partners. Ye has accused Adidas of copying his ideas and mismanaging the brand, and taunted outgoing Chief Executive Officer Kasper Rorsted on social media. Meanwhile, Adidas has said it’s repeatedly tried and failed to resolve issues with Ye privately.

The rapper said in September he wants to negotiate with Adidas to get a 20% royalty on all the shoes he’s designed with the company in perpetuity.

Ye caused more controversy after that by wearing a shirt at the Paris fashion week that said “White Lives Matter.” He later got locked out of his Twitter and Instagram accounts after making repeated anti-Semitic remarks -- remarks that have created a growing backlash of consumers and celebrities, with some calling for people to boycott Adidas products until the partnership is canceled.

The Ye situation is one of many headaches for Adidas, which is searching for a new CEO to take over in 2023. The company has lowered its earnings forecast several times this year amid falling demand for its shoes and apparel in China and growing signs of economic trouble in Europe and North America

Update

Last edited:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lowkey this shyt is disgusting. I mean my son is buggin and saying wild shyt...but if he said the same exact shyt, but instead said "black people" or "nikkas" instead of "joos" he wouldn't have lost any of these deals, none of them. Think about that. He actually highlighted this in the Drink Champs video. You can say/do anything you want to nikkas...because they're just nikkas...but don't you dare say that shyt about them people.

That 4 or 9 or 11 or however many billion in assets and contracts and properties and shyt that he has will probably keep him super duper Up forever tho so it don't even really matter that they've blacklisted him now...you still gotta honor the contract and its duration whether you choose to terminate it and not extend it further or not...or buy him out, lol, either way he Up. People aint gonna just stop buying Yeezy's because he said what he said...he can release them shyts on his website or sumn, lol, he can be Adidas at this point.

But don't get it twisted...I guarantee you he will go on an apology tour in the next few months, bank it. He'll blame mental health and stress and everything else you can think of for his actions and do some free concerts in Israel or sumn.

Last edited:

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
I remember when Nas mentioned Doug Morris in hero lyrics and they censored it and it wasn't even that bad , that's when I realized these guys don't play around :dead:
This universal apartheid, I'm hog-tied, the corporate side
Blockin' y'all from goin' to stores and buyin' it
First L.A. and Doug Morris was ridin' with it
But Newsweek article startled big wigs

Last edited:

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps
I remember when Nas mentioned Doug Morris in hero lyrics and they censored it and it wasn't even that bad , that's when I realized these guys don't play around :dead:
Yeah I remember that

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Lowkey this shyt is disgusting. I mean my son is buggin and saying wild shyt...but if he said the same exact shyt, but instead said "black people" or "nikkas" instead of "joos" he wouldn't have lost any of these deals, none of them. Think about that. He actually highlighted this in the Drink Champs video. You can say/do anything you want to nikkas...because they're just nikkas...but don't you dare say that shyt about them people.

That 4 or 9 or 11 or however many billion in assets and contracts and properties and shyt that he has will probably keep him super duper Up forever tho so it don't even really matter that they've blacklisted him now...you still gotta honor the contract and its duration whether you choose to terminate it and not extend it further or not...or buy him out, lol, either way he Up. People aint gonna just stop buying Yeezy's because he said what he said...he can release them shyts on his website or sumn, lol, he can be Adidas at this point.

But don't get it twisted...I guarantee you he will go on an apology tour in the next few months, bank it. He'll blame mental health and stress and everything else you can think of for his actions and do some free concerts in Israel or sumn.

Of course nothing would happen to him if he said the same things about blacks because blacks don’t run none these companies or have any power in them.

And secondly, the Jewish simply don’t care about his money. We as black people excuse a lot of bs just because somebody has a lot money. Kanye been on his MAGA ish for a few years and black people still running to go buy some Yeezys.

The sad part is that Kanye thinks all them right wing whites are going back him but now that he’s lost all his deals I’m not sure if he’s as valuable to them anymore other than using him as a puppet to say the bs they want to say but would never publicly

Billion dollar crash test dummy :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Boo hoo... it's not on white people to be outraged on our behalf.

Seems you dudes are learning the hard way. We should have cancelled him since slavery was a choice came out his mouth. If we had raised the issues back then these companies would have had to respond as well :yeshrug:

Nikkaz gonna keep crying bout Jew power like they are mythical or embrace collective power and learn how to move accordingly. But most would rather still stay stuck on pretending that we can't amass power as well because we don't have the resources. People are the main resource.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Seems you dudes are learning the hard way. We should have cancelled him since slavery was a choice came out his mouth. If we had raised the issues back then these companies would have had to respond as well :yeshrug:

Nikkaz gonna keep crying bout Jew power like they are mythical or embrace collective power and learn how to move accordingly. But most would rather still stay stuck on pretending that we can't amass power as well because we don't have the resources. People are the main resource.
Right. There’s so many black people who defend literally everything this clown has said to this day. No wonder nobody takes us seriously.

That Singer Guy...

TiMeLeSs Moderator
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Knoxville, Tn

You talking!!!!!! :obama:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What if a white artist said the same stuff about black people?