Aerosmith Appreciation Thread

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
1st rock album I ever got was Get a Grip which is a classic imo. Shout out to Mtv for getting me into Rock music as a kid, when they actually played videos all the time. Aerosmith came out with 3 of my favs back to back to back

cryin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfNmyxV2Ncw&ob=av2e

amazing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSmOvYzSeaQ

crazy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMNgbISmF4I&ob=av2e

also like

Janie's got a Gun
Dude Looks like a Lady
Walk this Way collabo with Run DMC
I Don't want to miss a thing
Jaded

:win:

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
Ill add on:

sweet emotion

Last edited by a moderator:

Headcase

The Angry Young Man
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
I think Get a Grip is a lot better than most people give it credit for. Its not necessarily their best work, but its not completely horrible like Just Push Play was.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Wow...OK, I like a few of the tracks listed in this thread: Amazing (well, the Guitar Solo is ridiculous, which totally makes that song for me). Cryin'? Crazy? Jaded? Even IDWMAT? Nah. I can watch them videos just fine for obvious reasons, but as far as being good to great songs? Eh.

I see that once you got exposed to this particular era of their material, you didn't go check out their earlier work? Cause Ima tell it like this: Get A Grip sucks, SUCKS compared to Rocks, and Toys in the Attic, and Get Your Wings, and the self titled joint. Even Those 4 albums are what I hear when I see the word Aerosmith. Do yourself a favor and get up on that shyt. That's when Aerosmith was AEROSMITH.

Then again, if you're a big fan of this era of their stuff, you may not like it. They basically turned into a ballad machine, while back in the early days, they were a true, Hard Rock & Roll band.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Wow...OK, I like a few of the tracks listed in this thread: Amazing (well, the Guitar Solo is ridiculous, which totally makes that song for me). Cryin'? Crazy? Jaded? Even IDWMAT? Nah. I can watch them videos just fine for obvious reasons, but as far as being good to great songs? Eh.

I see that once you got exposed to this particular era of their material, you didn't go check out their earlier work? Cause Ima tell it like this: Get A Grip sucks, SUCKS compared to Rocks, and Toys in the Attic, and Get Your Wings, and the self titled joint. Even Those 4 albums are what I hear when I see the word Aerosmith. Do yourself a favor and get up on that shyt. That's when Aerosmith was AEROSMITH.

Then again, if you're a big fan of this era of their stuff, you may not like it. They basically turned into a ballad machine, while back in the early days, they were a true, Hard Rock & Roll band.

you're right, I never checked out any of their stuff prior to get a grip. I do like rock ballads so that's another reason I really like those songs. But I will check out the ones you suggested since I'm looking for some new music to add to my workout playlist

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
I forget the name of the album but the one that had Dream On, One Way Street and Make it is my favorite. I gotta find that shyt again.
Toys In The Attic? edit: it was their self-titled album

and Permanent Vacation was my first Aerosmith album and for that, it will always be my favorite.

infamous003

The New Style
Daps
I gotta give em props because they've ended up singing a lot of songs that I liked, that I didn't know they sang. For example, "Sweet Emotion". When I found out that was Aerosmith, I was :ohhh:

But like someone said, they turned into ballad machines as they got older, which is fair. And it opened them up to an entirely new audience, which allowed them to get that money.

That being said, I worked at a movie theater when "Armageddon" came out. Every time I hear "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing", I get a nervous tick. I heard that shyt 15 times a fukkin' day.

Ruby'sRevolver

Man in the Black Hat
Daps
Great band. The first four Aerosmith albums are all classics, I dont really fukk with much else from their discog. except for Pump.