Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
AEW Stays Hot, Sells Out TNT Shows In Boston And Philadelphia
Alfred KonuwaContributor
SportsMoney
I write about men in tights and the money they make for men in suits.

aewtnt.jpg
aewtnt.jpg

AEW on TNT will air its first three shows in Washington, D.C., Boston and Philadelphia.

CREDIT: AEWRESTLING.COM
AEW’s streak of overachieving momentum continued as its next to AEW on TNT showcases in Boston and Philadelphia sold out just over an hour after tickets went on sale at 12 p.m. EST.

AEW on TNT will air in Boston on Wednesday, October 9 in the Agganis Arena, which has a capacity of 7,200, and on October 16 in Philadelphia’s Liacouras Center, which carries a capacity of 10,200.

The back-and-forth between AEW and WWE has only escalated since its last sellout around this time last month. During WWE’s 2Q 2019 earnings call, Vince McMahon casually dismissed AEW as “blood and guts,” noting their brand of decided violence was nothing more than “gory crap that we graduated from.” In his veiled criticism of AEW’s more edgy product, McMahon made sure to note that he does not see TNT tolerating this content, a comment seemingly designed to scare off potential advertisers as the Chairman willingly engages in dirty pool.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Some of the ticket prices for the Boston Show were :huhldup: but congratulations to them on this

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Theyre just gonna call the show AEW on TNT?
Well better than dynamite. Sounded like an e-fed show

:mjlol:
They have said the TNT show isn't the only network/platform theyll have a show on. I guess they're just keeping it simple for now and letting people know where they are at.

I'm guessing a regular show on BR Live or maybe even HBO Max.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Seems that AEW is teflon right now. Like, the honeymoon with every new market they hit for TV is gonna last a while. If they get 1 hot angle in the first couple of shows the hype and buzz is gonna be off the fukking charts :ehh:

These are medium sized venues right?

Article says 7.200 and 10k capacity so pretty damn impressive.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Seems that AEW is teflon right now. Like, the honeymoon with every new market they hit for TV is gonna last a while. If they get 1 hot angle in the first couple of shows the hype and buzz is gonna be off the fukking charts :ehh:

Article says 7.200 and 10k capacity so pretty damn impressive.
Most impressive part to me is they did it in an hour :whoo:

ROH can’t even get 500 people with months of promotion time :mjcry:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Good for them. The novelty won't last forever. When they have to do weekly shows and on the road, the regression to the mean will arrive.