AEW - "The Story of a Mark and His Money.." Edit: Neckbeards losing it!!!

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
giphy-13.gif

I dread going into my Twitter feed and seeing another "booked" Dub match. It just blows me that a wrestling promotion could fumble something as simple as a bloated roster of some of the most talented wrestlers in the world. My fukking head hurts man...I'm about to sniff some Goody Powder to make some sense of this madness :why:
Goody powder? Upgrade yourself, Breh. Get a BC!

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Goody powder? Upgrade yourself, Breh. Get a BC!

Breh I remember one time when I went to my wife's brother funeral. I had the biggest headache in the world and asked for some aspirin. Her moms gave me some goody powder and I looked at the shyt like
200w.gif
. I never seen GP in my life, so I went to my wife and was like..."Do I snort this or something"

Wife: :why:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Breh I remember one time when I went to my wife's brother funeral. I had the biggest headache in the world and asked for some aspirin. Her moms gave me some goody powder and I looked at the shyt like
200w.gif
. I never seen GP in my life, so I went to my wife and was like..."Do I snort this or something"

Wife: :why:
I thought the same thing the first time I saw some, especially since the powders used to come wrapped in white paper. :mjlol:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama

Damn that was a crazy September for TK

Moral of the story: Don't into the wrestling business. As a promoter, as a wrestler, not even as a ring rat. It reminds me of this music podcast I used to listen to that had Peanut Butter Wolf on it. shyt was crazy insightful with in the ins and outs of the music industry, especially money wise. The host was like "so what advice would you give people at home"

PBW: "Don't get into the music industry"

At the time, the shyt was mind-blowing because I was trying to make beats and get on an indie wave, but the grim reality was clear. Something that seems glamorous on the outside, is not always glamorous. Just because you book a successful match on a modded Fire Pro Wrestling game, does not make you a exceptional booker...it means you are just good at the game :unimpressed:. Folks forget the locker room is full of egos and assheads. The money becomes a pit and the booking is wishy-washy. Khan book himself into a wall when he started catering to the hardcore, instead of worldwide appeal. The blueprint was there in the first year or so. Yes, the Dub was rough to watch back then with that shyt roster...but it worked. You had Joshis, you had compelling storylines, and even a promising rank system that soon went to shyt.

If Khan would have just let the game flow and focus on being alternative...they would honestly be eating WWE's lunch by now. Sometimes, less is more and staying in your lane will end up getting you quicker to the promise land.

But what can ya do but book random ass matches, keep signing talent like a temp agency, and prove to Cody that he was right all along.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
He put over FTR big in the press call now for checking in during his mother's heath and stepping up when Punk's foot was injured

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Moral of the story: Don't into the wrestling business. As a promoter, as a wrestler, not even as a ring rat. It reminds me of this music podcast I used to listen to that had Peanut Butter Wolf on it. shyt was crazy insightful with in the ins and outs of the music industry, especially money wise. The host was like "so what advice would you give people at home"

PBW: "Don't get into the music industry"

At the time, the shyt was mind-blowing because I was trying to make beats and get on an indie wave, but the grim reality was clear. Something that seems glamorous on the outside, is not always glamorous. Just because you book a successful match on a modded Fire Pro Wrestling game, does not make you a exceptional booker...it means you are just good at the game :unimpressed:. Folks forget the locker room is full of egos and assheads. The money becomes a pit and the booking is wishy-washy. Khan book himself into a wall when he started catering to the hardcore, instead of worldwide appeal. The blueprint was there in the first year or so. Yes, the Dub was rough to watch back then with that shyt roster...but it worked. You had Joshis, you had compelling storylines, and even a promising rank system that soon went to shyt.

If Khan would have just let the game flow and focus on being alternative...they would honestly be eating WWE's lunch by now. Sometimes, less is more and staying in your lane will end up getting you quicker to the promise land.

But what can ya do but book random ass matches, keep signing talent like a temp agency, and prove to Cody that he was right all along.

Being the alternative to him (and many folks who said it) was indeed doing the Fire Pro Wrestling thing

That all said the guys he trusted to keep the locker in check were and are the biggest carnies still. And Letting Jericho and Jarrett be in there now is probably gonna be worse