AEW - "The Story of a Mark and His Money.." Edit: Forbes: "AEW estimated value: $2 Billion"

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Y'all gotta wait till the Collision rating appears because if the Heat vs Celtics game is close till the 4th quarter, the lead in is gonna be massive (1-2 million for the first quarter, before everyone tunes out).

They are giving Swerve that spot so he's gonna get more eyes than anyone in AEW has since Punk cameback.

And the rating will most likely be inflated as all hell. Probably gonna average like 800k just out of that first quarter lead in :russ:

Also, as @Saysumthinfunnymike pointed out. It's clear the 650-700k range is Dynamite's true audience right now. Without the first quarter boost Big Bang Theory gives them, that's what most quarter would probably do anyways.

I'm wondering what best route would be if the number is high to start. Obviously much of those viewers aren't AEW fans and some may never had heard of swerve or aew. Now with the basketball game leading in, and there being mostly young viewers, what the show starts with may determine if they stick around or if they watch casually or if they never watch again. Obviously having him lead off would likely be good for the young black audience, specifically the males. But gotta be done right. I mean would people be captivated into viewing consistently if he comes on cutting an emotional promo on how this was his lifelong dream since he was a child watching wrestling with his dad and how he had to work so hard and battle thru the indies and felt like an underdog thru out his career including in aew and how so many doubted him and how he overcame the odds to become champion and represent all the black boys and girls out there? Or better if there was some fukkery to start things off and he says something like he's the champ and he's ready to kick some ass? Or better yet if he drags a jobber from the back to start the show after kicking his ass and says, "I'm the champ and I got a target on my back, but that doesn't mean I won't strike first."

People be like "oh shyt, this guy means business" instead of "oh god, I don't care about watching this guy cry. This is tnt not lifetime."

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm wondering what best route would be if the number is high to start. Obviously much of those viewers aren't AEW fans and some may never had heard of swerve or aew. Now with the basketball game leading in, and there being mostly young viewers, what the show starts with may determine if they stick around or if they watch casually or if they never watch again. Obviously having him lead off would likely be good for the young black audience, specifically the males. But gotta be done right. I mean would people be captivated into viewing consistently if he comes on cutting an emotional promo on how this was his lifelong dream since he was a child watching wrestling with his dad and how he had to work so hard and battle thru the indies and felt like an underdog thru out his career including in aew and how so many doubted him and how he overcame the odds to become champion and represent all the black boys and girls out there? Or better if there was some fukkery to start things off and he says something like he's the champ and he's ready to kick some ass? Or better yet if he drags a jobber from the back to start the show after kicking his ass and says, "I'm the champ and I got a target on my back, but that doesn't mean I won't strike first."

People be like "oh shyt, this guy means business" instead of "oh god, I don't care about watching this guy cry. This is tnt not lifetime."
Yeah, I think an emotional promo is not the way to go. They gotta come up with an angle that make people go :ehh: at worst or
:ohhh: at best.