AEW - "The Story of a Mark and His Money.." Edit: Neckbeards losing it!!!

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Trips and Shawn have known him longer than TK has and probably have an understanding. Plus I don't think there's any ingredients in WWE today for him to fly off the handle unless he's looking for trouble himself. And if it does happen he'll just be gone and out of the business since he kinda burned his bridge to the other company lol.
Breh, we have 20 years of experience with Punk looking for trouble himself because he gets too defensive, protective and/or insecure about shyt he believes are shots at him, his friends or what he believes is the "right way of doing things".

And yes, if he tries to pull one of his adolescent antics, WWE will probably just fire him and not worry about it. But if I'm HHH , I'm happy as fukk Punk is in my roster with a "I don't care that much anymore, just tell what to do and I'll do my best" attitude. That's the best case scenario you gonna get from him. You get to reap the benefits of his drawing power without having to deal with the worst traits of his personality.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I mean I understand it from a safety perspective. They are putting their lives on the line out there at times. Not saying anyone is more likely to do something but human emotions can cause negligence at times especially in moments of anger. Being angry at someone and performing a move wrong can have damaging effects. Especially since nobody knows the level of anger someone may have for someone else. Or it could just turn into a shoot fight & ruin the planned match. Never know what's going thru these wrestlers minds before they step in the ring & real anger towards an opponent can cloud their thoughts.
I feel this would be an indictment on the culture and lack of corporate structure with no proper authority to bring about accountability and consequences for people's actions and negligence. No adult in the room with these playfighter fragile ego.

If you're gonna run your carny show like a circus. You'll constantly be at odd with yourself.If you run it like a business, you'll get business done. Simple as that. Tony really need to surround himself better people to help him run his company. It's been 5 years and they still can't run a merch stand for MILLION DOLLAR wrestlers. Those merch sales supposed help to pay your payroll and then some.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Guaranteed money is never an issue. It's complete bullshyt that it would make anyone "complacent." Wrestlers are always looking for the next pay check, they are carnies at heart.

The issue is booking and creative control. That's where companies like WCW run into issues. You have people with creative control who don't want to do business and it creates a hostile locker room. Wrestlers should have input into their character and they should not need to have every single word written for them but at the same time they should not be able to refuse to do business. Period.

Shaq

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hangman looks like the winner in all of this honestly.

Crazy how this whole thing started over a promo that everyone thought nothing of, but Punk took that ish to heart.

At the same time, rocking a SAG Aftra shirt and banning wrestlers who happened to be at the front line during the Writers and Actors strike.
Facts

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
That Punk interview further points out how much of a moron Jack is:mjlol:

He thought shyt was sweet Trying to stick it to Punk because he probably thought the Elite would be behind him

Dumb ass Okie Doked himself now instead of being on national television he’s in a WOAT stable in New Japan :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
In case yall don't want to skim the interview for it

Jack Perry is a fukking moron and should never be back. That said, CM Punk thinks the right way to handle it is choke the guy? :mjlol:

So he admits that he lost his cool.... then he admits that Samoa Joe came over and was like "stop." :birdman:

And Punk let's him go. Out of Punk's own mouth, he's afraid of Samoa Joe...

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I feel this would be an indictment on the culture and lack of corporate structure with no proper authority to bring about accountability and consequences for people's actions and negligence. No adult in the room with these playfighter fragile ego.

If you're gonna run your carny show like a circus. You'll constantly be at odd with yourself.If you run it like a business, you'll get business done. Simple as that. Tony really need to surround himself better people to help him run his company. It's been 5 years and they still can't run a merch stand for MILLION DOLLAR wrestlers. Those merch sales supposed help to pay your payroll and then some.
Merch is pennies compared to media rights money.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Hangman looks like a 🤡 from this lmao breh, cmon.

Punk looks like a p*ssy. He had several opportunities to go see Hangman about it, yet he wanted to get lawyers involved and then admits he was "afraid" that Hangman might shoot on him...

Punk only likes to go at guys who weigh less than 8th graders like Jungle Jack lmao

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Ratings aren't difficult to comprehend. They are ranked by how many viewers a show had in the 18-49 demographic. That's not to say people who fall outside of that age bracket are completely worthless but to most advertisers they might as well be...

TV networks want your show to bring in 18-49 viewers in real time because that's what advertisers want, first showing or secondary on DVR. But they prefer live, you can fast-forward commercials in DVR obviously. That's why sports and to a lesser degree wrestling are important because they are somewhat DVR proof and social media engagement didn't typically stop fans from watching live although I have questions about that now in the age of cord cutting..

Additionally, it's important where your show ranks in it's timeslot and for the night it's on. Some nights are better "TV nights" than others as well so if you rank first on say Saturday night it's not as important as ranking first during the week. More people are watching TV during the week.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Ratings aren't difficult to comprehend. They are ranked by how many viewers a show had in the 18-49 demographic. That's not to say people who fall outside of that age bracket are completely worthless but to most advertisers they might as well be...

TV networks want your show to bring in 18-49 viewers in real time because that's what advertisers want, first showing or secondary on DVR. But they prefer live, you can fast-forward commercials in DVR obviously. That's why sports and to a lesser degree wrestling are important because they are somewhat DVR proof and social media engagement didn't typically stop fans from watching live although I have questions about that now in the age of cord cutting..

Additionally, it's important where your show ranks in its timeslot and for the night it's on. Some nights are better "TV nights" than others as well so if you rank first on say Saturday night it's not as important as ranking first during the week. More people are watching TV during the week.
I agree

But ratings aren’t end all like in the 90’s or 00’s

WWE hasn’t got a 3.0 rating in a a long time but there’re hotter than they’d been in years

So because they can’t break into that it doesn’t mean they’re doing bad

The reason they tout

YouTube views
Twitter Views
Social Media Posts
Why Raw is being placed on Netflix

Is because Television Ratings are not the main focus

The problem is in the live attendance

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I agree

But ratings aren’t end all like in the 90’s or 00’s

WWE hasn’t got a 3.0 rating in a a long time but there’re hotter than they’d been in years

So because they can’t break into that it doesn’t mean they’re doing bad

The reason they tout

YouTube views
Twitter Views
Social Media Posts
Why Raw is being placed on Netflix

Is because Television Ratings are not the main focus

The problem is in the live attendance

I agree with you that's why I said in my post there that in the age of cord cutting these shows aren't exactly as "DVR proof" as they used to be... All the big highlights of the shows are on Twitter like minutes later and then segments of the show are uploaded to YouTube etc.. or people watch an abbreviated version of RAW on Hulu or whatever. There's a lot of different ways people consume wrestling now.

Live attendance shows that WWE is as healthy as they've been in YEARS....

Meanwhile in AEW, attendance has been way down except for the odd show like 'Big Business' or the PPVs...

The ratings don't really mean much to AEW I don't think because they seem to be doing well enough to the point where WB is probably fine with it.

But attendance is a major issue for Dynamite/Collision.