AEW - "The Story of a Mark and His Money.." Edit: Neckbeards losing it!!!

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I agree

But ratings aren’t end all like in the 90’s or 00’s

WWE hasn’t got a 3.0 rating in a a long time but there’re hotter than they’d been in years

So because they can’t break into that it doesn’t mean they’re doing bad

The reason they tout

YouTube views
Twitter Views
Social Media Posts
Why Raw is being placed on Netflix

Is because Television Ratings are not the main focus

The problem is in the live attendance
The ratings may not be as high but they are far more important now than back in the Monday Night Wars era because the media rights money is leaps and bounds the biggest source of revenue in sports and TV wrestling.

If AEW did a cumulative million dollar gate every week for TV tapings, it would still be 10s of millions less than what they are making on their current TV deal.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Maybe just maybe Tony will actually realize that this wrestling shyt is hard.

It's overwhelming and judging how much he tends to micromanage between ROH and the Dub shows...it's apparent that dude needs to lay out priorities instead of trying to get Meltz ratings.

Between Phil getting puters putin, Tony letting go of wrestlers or lack thereof because hand was being forced, and the shyt show between wrestling fans, marks in the ring, and smarks behind the keyboard...it's safe to say that the business has a long way to go to be taking seriously :francis:

Just a mess of hypocritical bullshyt.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Maybe just maybe Tony will actually realize that this wrestling shyt is hard.

It's overwhelming and judging how much he tends to micromanage between ROH and the Dub shows...it's apparent that dude needs to lay out priorities instead of trying to get Meltz ratings.

Between Phil getting puters putin, Tony letting go of wrestlers or lack thereof because hand was being forced, and the shyt show between wrestling fans, marks in the ring, and smarks behind the keyboard...it's safe to say that the business has a long way to go to be taking seriously :francis:

Just a mess of hypocritical bullshyt.
He’s making it harder than it needs to be by trying to micromanage everything

He has people already there in place to write & book the shows all he needs to do is ok a segment or a character change :beli:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
He’s making it harder than it needs to be by trying to micromanage everything

He has people already there in place to write & book the shows all he needs to do is ok a segment or a character change :beli:

Dude basically trying to wear Heyman's hat in 95, have Turner money in 98, book with all of his PS2 saves, and relive 2005, and fail to understand that the business is way complexed than "bangers".

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
One thing I can say about Phil...dude actually stands ten toes down as being an unapologetic hypocrite, that finesse the marks into believing that he was in it for the wrestling, and GASP! ACTUALLY HAS THE SAME TALKING POINTS AND THOUGHTS AS A LOGICAL BOOKER! :lupe:

Maybe with these dire affairs, folks will stop romancing these wrestlers and just understand that the shyt is a business. Heads wanted Punk to spill the tea and the moment he starts raining Lipton, that's when folks want to shyt on him on some "I never lied him anyway".

As far as the guaranteed money argument, I'm all for being against as the shyt is the pure reason why WCW went to the shytter, why IMPACT ended up being in a shytbag, and why the business will embrace laziness because "gamechanger".

Phil switching up from the rebel voice of the voiceless to “I would like to be in management someday” and having his lawyer on speed dial for any minor inconvenience is objectively hilarious no matter what you think of him.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Tony needs to send Punk a bottle of champagne for generating this AEW interest on mania week. But honestly don't see anything wrong or controversial with what he said. Dude is clearly not the same person from that Colt Cabana podcast

I said the same shyt... Phil is gonna Phil, always. Putting himself over. Buddy sat down for almost 2 hours and not a single thing about Drew or Seth was uttered. All anyone is talking about is his AEW run and beefs and we're days away from Wrestlemania.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I said the same shyt... Phil is gonna Phil, always. Putting himself over. Buddy sat down for almost 2 hours and not a single thing about Drew or Seth was uttered. All anyone is talking about is his AEW run and beefs and we're days away from Wrestlemania.
Dude didn’t even put over WM or nothing. Just from the look on his face he is still bitter about being injured and having his main event taken away from him…again.

So he took his bitterness out on his last employer. :pachaha:

To me this interview was filled with half truths and it felt like his goal was to drive a narrative that’s been loud online. I saw through his bullshyt..

Dude hasn’t changed at all. Just a matter of time he fukks it up again at Titan sports..