Albert Pujols is on year 8 of a 240 million dollar contract

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Pujols actually hasn’t been that bad, look at his hard hit ball ratio. Much like Ryan Howard the adoption of the shift according to data has ruined his career and he refused to adapt his game. I can’t count how many times he will hit an absolute laser and it’s right into a fielders glove.

yeah this has been overlooked as well when people talk about Pujols falling off. The shift has fukked up him greatly. He still hits the ball hard and I think he has one of the highest hard hit ball ratiots in recent seasons.

Pujols still deserves blame for not wanting to adapt his game though. That stubbornness isn't doing him or the team any good.

Kami

Banned
Daps
You guys really advocating for owners?

In baseball you get paid for what you’ve done. Most these guys aren’t ufa’s until their late 20’s when they’re past their prime. During their mvp seasons guys like pujols are underpaid.

Ain’t no cap in baseball and they most likely made that money back. He ain’t the reason they’ve been futile as well the team just can’t find hitting,

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
I remember the Marlins being in the running to sign him and make him the face of their brand new ballpark. They would’ve ended up trading him that same summer:mjlol:

Cyber

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Pujols actually hasn’t been that bad, look at his hard hit ball ratio. Much like Ryan Howard the adoption of the shift according to data has ruined his career and he refused to adapt his game. I can’t count how many times he will hit an absolute laser and it’s right into a fielders glove.

How the shift has ruined Albert Pujols

Always thought it was primarily due to age and injuries but yeah, this seems like the primary reason

Still one of the best hitters ever and his ability to avoid striking out is insane, but he hasn't adapted to the modern game as well as a player of his caliber should.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Crazy how this has derailed Trout career in so many ways

Stl dodged a bullet

Don't forget the money they spent on Cokeboy Hamilton...who literally ended up doing so much coke they tried to void his contract and when they couldn't gave him back to Texas...

That is such an underrated bad contract in sports...a contract so bad the team flat out tried to void it and just stop paying the player any money at all...

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Don't forget the money they spent on Cokeboy Hamilton...who literally ended up doing so much coke they tried to void his contract and when they couldn't gave him back to Texas...

That is such an underrated bad contract in sports...a contract so bad the team flat out tried to void it and just stop paying the player any money at all...

I was excited when we signed Josh too :laff: