Albums With Classic Impact But Lack Classic Quality

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Some of these albums are only being listed by a couple of people. This thread is essentially for albums like Documentary, Carter 3, MMLP, Graduation, or even a GRODT, where there's songs outside of the singles that aren't acknowledged even though those albums were huge and shifted things when they dropped. I'm seeing albums like Paid In Full listed or a Life After Death or 2001.

2001 has ALOT in common with those other albums you mentioned at the top of your post. i'd even say that a couple of those albums are better than 2001.

and a lot of people never fell for the "life after death" hype. sorry.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2001 has ALOT in common with those other albums you mentioned at the top of your post. i'd even say that a couple of those albums are better than 2001.

and a lot of people never fell for the "life after death" hype. sorry.

Nah, 2001 has nothing in common with those other albums except commercial success. "Xxplosive" felt like a single as did "What's The Difference" and "F You". There's a couple of other songs that are arguable. The same can't be said for those other albums.

Sure, a lot of people never fell for the LAD hype. Doesn't make it any less classic. These songs are classics:

Somebody Gotta Die
the R. Kelly joint
Kick In The Door
nikkas Bleed
I Got A Story To Tell
What's Beef
I Love The Dough
Last Day
Notorious Thugs
10 Crack Commandments
You're Nobody
Long Kiss Goodnight
My Downfall

^^^ none of these were singles, but these songs that Hip Hop heads that aren't Biggie fans know and love.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Nah, 2001 has nothing in common with those other albums except commercial success. "Xxplosive" felt like a single as did "What's The Difference" and "F You". There's a couple of other songs that are arguable. The same can't be said for those other albums.

Sure, a lot of people never fell for the LAD hype. Doesn't make it any less classic. These songs are classics:

Somebody Gotta Die
the R. Kelly joint
Kick In The Door
nikkas Bleed
I Got A Story To Tell
What's Beef
I Love The Dough
Last Day
Notorious Thugs
10 Crack Commandments
You're Nobody
Long Kiss Goodnight
My Downfall

^^^ none of these were singles, but these songs that Hip Hop heads that aren't Biggie fans know and love.

you can pull a couple albums cuts from those other albums that felt like singles as well. you can prolly pull more from those joints than from 2001.
I don't even remember all those 2001 songs. whats "f*ck you"?? I cant even remember what song xxxplosive was. that album didn't reasonate up here like that. sorry Charlie.

all those LAD songs are not classics bro.
cmon man. "I love the dough"??? my downfall??

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you can pull a couple albums cuts from those other albums that felt like singles as well. you can prolly pull more from those joints than from 2001.
I don't even remember all those 2001 songs. whats "f*ck you"?? I cant even remember what song xxxplosive was. that album didn't reasonate up here like that. sorry Charlie.

all those LAD songs are not classics bro.
cmon man. "I love the dough"??? my downfall??

Just because you don't remember those songs is neither here or there. And yeah those songs from 2001 are bigger than any song you could pull from the other albums.

Every song I named is a classic. These are songs with quotables that people recognize.