Alibaba's 'Animate Anyone' Is Trained on Scraped Videos of Famous TikTokers

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The game is over. :wow:

I think im about to dig into it now. :ohhh:

Its far bigger than silly dances on tiktok.

Its at a point where a single person can produce an entire movie by themselves with completely fake actors, copycat music, copycat @ChatGPT-4 script , etc. And the brilliance of current trademark and copyright is that i can get extremely poor johnny dep lookalike from Eastern Europe, an extremely poor indian lookalike of Penelope Cruz , and an extremely poor copy of Astrid Frisbey from a trailerpark in WEst Virginia and create my own Pirates of the caribean 4 (or 6th , or 7th) without using any Disney Assets or Actors or music. Might as well get the best english author from Ghana for the script. Get them to sell their likenesses to me and the Whole cast and production could be done for less than 10k.

I dont see this as the death of the creative industry , i just see the wages dropping exponenentially with a race to the bottom from 3rd world or poor creatives who are perfectly fine selling away their likeness for some scooby snacks and an itunes giftcard :blessed: :blessed:

AI in practice

Dec 4, 2023

RunwayML and Getty Images work on custom video AI models without copyright issues​

RunwayML

RunwayML and Getty Images work on custom video AI models without copyright issues

Matthias Bastian

Online journalist Matthias is the co-founder and publisher of THE DECODER. He believes that artificial intelligence will fundamentally change the relationship between humans and computers.

AI video platform RunwayML is partnering with Getty Images to develop copyright-compliant AI tools for video creation.

The collaboration will result in the Runway <> Getty Images Model (RGM), which combines Runway's technology with Getty Images' fully licensed library of creative content.

The goal of the partnership is to give creatives more control and personalization while making it suitable for commercial use.

The Runway <> Getty Images Model (RGM)​

RGM is designed as a base model from which companies can build their own customized video content generation models. Runway's enterprise customers can add their own data sets to their version of RGM.

This will enable companies from a wide range of industries, including Hollywood studios, advertising, media, and broadcast, to expand their creative capabilities and create new ways of producing video, the companies say.

According to the companies, RGM enables entirely new content workflows with generated videos that are tailored to a company's style and brand identity. At the same time, it eliminates potential copyright issues.

Grant Farhall, chief product officer at Getty Images, said his company is excited to work with Runway to promote the responsible use of generative AI in enterprise applications.

Getty Images is currently suing Stability AI, the company behind the open-source image platform Stable Diffusion. Getty Images images have allegedly been used to train AI models without a license. Stability AI claims fair use. Getty Images also offers its own image AI model trained on its licensed data.

Availability and model training​

RGM is expected to be available for commercial use in the coming months. Custom model training with RGM is particularly relevant for companies with proprietary

Summary

• AI video platform RunwayML and Getty Images are collaborating to develop copyright-compliant AI tools for video creation by combining Runway technology with licensed content from Getty Images.
  • The Runway <> Getty Images Model (RGM) allows companies to build custom video content creation models from a base model and refine them with their own data sets without risking copyright issues.
  • RGM will be available for commercial use in the coming months. RunwayML currently has a waiting list.