Am I tripping or did MBDTF age like milk?

JUSTIN HERBERT

All Star
Daps
Kanye is awesome
Dark fantasy was ehhh on first listen to me. mainly cuz i kept up with the Good friday joints and wasn't nothing new on it.

but it still has that magic.

he lost it post Pablo.

But he recaptured some of it with donda

interested in where he goes next

Braman

Superstar
Daps
That was the beginning of Kanye letting hype outweigh his music quality and it’s only gotten worse honestly. But the hype and gimmicks are so overwhelming that people think the music is amazing
Facts. It’s also the tipping point of old Kanye vs new Kanye fans. MBDTF ain’t talkin bout shyt, and ‘new’ Kanye fans don’t seem to realize. There is no real depth or soul. College dropout is deep af bc it’s a debut, as jay z put it about reasonable doubt is ‘the album I took my whole life to make’. Late reg is a lil less depth, but is otherworprt for the production-wise. MBDTF is neither lyrically elite or classic production-wise

Any album that’s just dope musically but not lyrically is not going to age as well. I never considerer MBDTF a classic for that reason. It’s an album of a lot of dope tracks, but isn’t good enough production wise to be ‘classic’ just based on that. I think of an album like Hell Hath no Fury as an album that can be carried into classic level by production without ‘classic’ level lyrics

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
This was my reaction as well. I never really know where to rank the album because it's clearly one of the best quality-wise, but had one of the most underwhelming first listens for me. Ignoring the Runaway movie, by the time the album dropped we had heard at least one version of:

Power
Monster
So Appalled
Runaway
Devil in a New Dress

Thats almost half of the album :dahell:
Similarly, a lot of Currensy's Pilot Talk album came out various tapes and leaks beforehand but it was scattered over years and a lot of the songs had samples when leaked but had the band on the album

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
It’s better than every Kanye album he ever released imo

Late registration the only one that comes close

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Also that Christian Dior Denim Flow shyt is wack