Amtrak Unveils Vision of Expanded Rail Map Under Biden's Infrastructure Plan

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Amtrak Unveils Vision of Expanded Rail Map Under Biden's Infrastructure Plan

The expanded rail system -- funded with the $80 billion Biden's infrastructure plan allocates to rail specifically -- would "create jobs, improve the quality of life, reduce carbon emissions and generate economic growth," Amtrak said in a statement. The envisioned train network would create up to 30+ new routes in 15 more states, connecting 160 more communities and serving 20 million more passengers, according to Amtrak. The company also says the expanded map would lower carbon emissions, claiming that traveling on Amtrak is "up to 83% more energy efficient than driving and up to 73% more energy efficient than flying."

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m fukking hype! I live in Allentown(eastern PA) & get offers every other day to work in Manhattan. Give it 10 yrs, I can finally commute via train

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
1617298048562.png

And these supposed to be the high speed bullet rail lines right???

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if some of these arent high speed aint no point in wasting the money. We are far behind on public transit tech and the longer we wait the further we fall behind and the more expensive it becomes to catch up.

may as well use the north east (say boston down to dc and east to clevland/pittsburgh) west coast and maybe miami to atlanta/NC) as starting places (proof of concept) and if its being used at a high clips and proves effective and efficient then we can connect them nationally.

there is no reason not to. MF cant bang on about climate control and not find legitimate alternative at the very lease to regional travel. we have to start somewhere or we are never going to start

edit: also does this prioritize passanger over freight. it took me 4 hours to get from pittsburgh to johnstown on the train. it would take me a hour and a half to drive. regardless of if its more fuel efficient try convincing your average american that makes more sense.

imma keep it real it sounds like this is a ploy for amtrack to upgrade and expand their rail system.......FOR FREIGHT:francis: i hope im really wrong

Last edited: