An Amazon exec says it’s time for workers to ‘disagree and commit’ to an office return: ‘I don’t have data to back it up, but I know it’s better’

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Companies also benefit because your energy level and focus are much higher due to extended sleep and no commute.
You’re also tethered to your phone/comp, and meetings and work expected to be done well outside of business hours.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Definitely going to lose some talent then

Dinosaurs don’t seem to understand that “staying behind in meetings to hash out ideas” isn’t a good reason to bring thousands of people back into an office to sit around and do shyt but get micro managed.

Does he know that you can also do that virtually?

If you’re not putting hands on some type of equipment, then there is no incentive to sit in traffic, just to sit in an office, then to sit back in traffic.

Honestly, I believe it’s because motherfukkers really don’t have lives outside of an office. No friends outside of an office, no relationships outside of an office and the younger generations (aka, the adapting talent) really doesn’t care for it.

I sit in like 3-4 meetings a day watching people talk without get shyt accomplished. It’s fukking frustrating, especially when it can be done virtually and have the same effect… nothing but talking.

Unless you are involved in some highly sensitive shyt, nobody needs to do it. I literally have to get up 2 hours early just to get in the office and that’s because I have to sit in traffic unless I get up 3 hours early and go in. Then sit another 20-40 minutes in traffic to drive 15 miles to go home.. on a good day.

Then there are errands, kids, appointments, etc that we got to add into that shyt. By the time people get home, it’s rinse and repeat. Just because they did it for 30 years doesn’t mean everyone else wants to especially when just 2 years ago, people realized that there should be more to life than working.

If anything, change the workweek to four 10 hour days. By the time people are off on Friday, they only have one REAL day to do shyt and thats on a Saturday. And if you NEED to do something during the week, you literally have to try on a lunch break or take time off just to get shyt accomplished.

Because by Sunday, you’re really just preparing for the rest of the week.

And it’s crazier for people with kids. Schools seem to get out earlier and earlier.. breaks are earlier and longer.

These old people really love the rat race because it’s all they have

Daps
Hybrid is good. Office life is good for mental health, over time people will realise this. Working from home in certain roles is just lonely shyt after some time, and young graduates don't know the difference if they immediately start a job working from home and get used to that lonesome way but it's good for mental health and just progression from learning from your peers face to face

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Their jobs are actually at risk of being automated away and they're desperate to justify that shyt.

It's wild to me that these people can be moving like this and not have gotten hands put on them.
This too, especially middle management.

Got people I know now that barely show up or barely do shyt but somehow, always got something to tell somebody on what they should be doing.

No direction on how to do it, no training, no guidance, but do this to justify their whole existence in the company. Even new, I know this because of how other employees talk about them behind their backs

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:youngsabo: They gonna lose sum of their talent but as long as they are paying salaries & the current economic crisis exists, the rest are going bow out. Amazon is not the only company doing this.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Amazon is the #1 worst place to work for a reason. Doesn't matter if you're in one of their corporate offices or in the warehouse, the company is trash top to bottom for employees. Fix your shytty corporate culture before you come for WFH :camby:

But if you are in the corporate offices they pay way better than almost anyone else.

—-U know how many families are saving money from childcare since mothers can stay at home and work
— hell even less work for Human Resources when it comes to sexual harassment on site from cac males

Curious if you have anything to back this up on? Work from Home with kids is an absolute nightmare. Especially if they are younger kids.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Hybrid is good. Office life is good for mental health, over time people will realise this. Working from home in certain roles is just lonely shyt after some time, and young graduates don't know the difference if they immediately start a job working from home and get used to that lonesome way but it's good for mental health and just progression from learning from your peers face to face
I’ve heard people say they get lonely… idk about that.

Most of the lonely ones are the ones who are fighting for this in office shyt. They don’t really want to be around their families all day, probably don’t have any outside hobbies, probably “extroverted” and need to be seen and in peoples faces. They probably don’t do shyt else in life outside of work except the one random “family day” or bbq for a football game.

I can literally go out as soon as I log off, go run some games with friends, go out to eat with my girl and we both not mentally fukked up from all the unnecessary “people interaction” and dealing with the fukks in traffic for 2 hours a day.

shyt, with wfh you could literally be out of town and get shyt accomplished, I wouldn’t even need to take days off unless it’s for something important.

Lets also mention how school in itself has turned majorly into virtual classes so the younger generation are used to accomplishing shyt with staring a motherfukker in his face watching him bump his gums.

I am for hybrid work though, I think that will help solve a lot of these issues. Rotating to 2 days in office one week and 3 days in office next week. That seems fair af.

Problem with that is, these dudes don’t want that either. So while we deal with rising costs of prices and inflation, with pay either stagnant or going down for the positions worked, we also have to beat our cars up on these shytty ass roads (because we all know our taxes aint going into shyt, seeing how the gov has failed audits for the past 7 years), we also have to sit in these cubicles all day just so a motherfukking CEO can say that people are sitting behind in meetings to “brainstorm” ideas.

I’m not mad at coming in if you have a an actual team, plan, decisive actions, and if you actually put hands on equipment of some kind to get things to work right.

But at least for me, these meetings are counter productive because it’s mostly office politics just to get minor things done. 2 years of in person meetings to be in the same spot? fukking insane

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
You’re also tethered to your phone/comp, and meetings and work expected to be done well outside of business hours.
Maybe you are. With the exception of absolute emergencies (3-4 times a year), my work phone doesn't get touched after 3:00 PM PST :yeshrug:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Their jobs are actually at risk of being automated away and they're desperate to justify that shyt.

It's wild to me that these people can be moving like this and not have gotten hands put on them.

Put a whole guillotine on they necks, and see how good they heads are when its separated from they bodies