Any of y'all heard of this cult leader, "Teal Swan"?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Just saw an ad for this documentary about a really odd cult leader I'd never heard of before:

Real name Mary Teal Bosworth but known universally as "Teal Swan". She's 37 years old and basically began building her public persona in 2011

* Claims to have supernatural powers including ESP, X-ray vision, X-ray hearing, and prophecy (according to her official bio on her author page: "clairvoyance, clairsentience, and clairaudience"). She claims to be able to see the "auras" and "souls" of her followers as well as view their internal organs.

* Claims that during her childhood she was regularly raped, prostituted off, and tortured by a Satanic cult for 13 years from age 6 to age 19. She states that the cult did this in an attempt to remove her special powers from her because they believed that only men could hold such power. However, she says she repressed the memories of the abuse and didn't recover the memories until undergoing therapy from Barbara Snow (therapist) - Wikipedia, a noted quack psychiatrist whose license was suspended after she created fake Satanic panics in several other cases.

* Claims that after escaping from the cult she traveled to China where she was treated by practitioners of Chinese Traditional Medicine, who recognized her spiritual abilities and taught her to hone them.

* Believes in reincarnation, crystal healing, tarot cards, and portals to other dimensions. Claims to be the partial reincarnation of Indian spiritual master Sai Baba Shirdi. She also has claimed to be partly alien and says she was designed by a panel of 6th-dimensional Arcturian beings who intentionally decided to make her physically beautiful "on every continent" in order to enhance her mission

* She encourages her followers to visualize their own deaths, including their own suicide, and think of suicide as a "safety valve" or "re-set button" option that's always available to them so that they can set the idea aside and improve their lives. However, her methods have been connected to the suicides of multiple followers.

* Former friends and followers have accused her of being mentally unstable, lashing out dramatically when criticized, and prone to emotional abuse and manipulation of her followers. They say she has convinced people that they were sodomized by gray aliens or that their cat is a holographic projection that can sense health issues.

* In the 10 years since she started the cult she got divorced in 2013, started another relationship but then declared him a sociopath and had him sent away for therapy, remarried a different man in 2014, divorced that man in 2014, and remarried for a third time in 2016.

* Charges up to $2,000 a pop for attendance to her workshops

* Maintains a headquarters in Costa Rica, where followers are often kept for extended periods of time, completely isolated from family and friends

* Conducts herself largely over social media, where she has 1.5 million facebook followers, 600k Instagram followers, and 1.24 million Youtube subscribers

* States that she wishes to have more spiritual influence than the pope

Teal Swan - WikiGlobal | The Celebrity Encyclopedia

Teal Swan - Wikipedia

Woman’s bizarre claim she is actually part alien

How Internet Guru Teal Swan Lures Followers - and Why It Should Worry Us (Podcast)

Teal Swan & The Craziest Wellness Cult Conspiracy You’ve Never Heard Of

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Also, she is really really fond of taking model shots of herself.....but she also takes a lot of shots where she looks completely creepy or has "dead eyes"

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

B2Or_hilsZmw.jpg

fd4cba357c3d45e7024cb79e9353e302.png

image.webp

964_nomistake.jpg.c2492a80dce40b6c9f5bd8a13db16a7f.jpg

teal-swan-spiritual-catalyst-suicide.jpg

441_wanttosee.jpg.c7e0289b07cc3feafd195e43c46414fb.jpg

7a4ed21a316901be4866462e4afc92db--teal-swan-tattoo-girls.jpg

Curveball.jpg

large.1122280088_costarica9.JPG.8ac6a4f9e6cb0cb26fe0c5a49209ab53.JPG

y2eo77xkj9e81.jpg

teal-swan.jpg

evmhoxhnqlh81.jpg

adad8624be84e2cc93100e9bedfab3389d-ITATAL-Teal-Swan.rsquare.w700.jpg

0631_0.thumb.jpg.33462fe895cea5b328f1169d16ced914.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

1450540376789.jpg

415105d598d189b83f7c3d7cde4915b6.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2019-06-22%2Bat%2B10.36.05%2BPM.png

So far as I can tell, some of these are explicitly taken for her cult/publicity and others are part of her modeling career which overlaps with the cult shyt but is separate from it.

I guess it was only a matter of time before someone tried to use their Only Fans in order to literally accumulate souls. I could see some fukked-up shyt coming out of this.

Last edited:

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Raw :mjlit:

I'm supposed to be serious? Ok. I'm not surprised. We deride those that are part of these and yet tend to ignore how much such speaks to how our society is that such is allowed to not only exist but prosper. One has to ask themselves what is society or the community doing that has created the sentiment for such a thing like this to occur? :yeshrug:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
She been killing the pagan, cac she-witch game for over a decade now. Teal came up around that hilarious Spirit Science vid (top 20 greatest yt vids ever btw). A number of these clowns got wiped after that 2012 flop but she was smart enough to delete all her shyt pre 2012 soon after 2013 new years. That 2012 mess left the community in shambles and they became a meme. Teal finessed those lost souls into an intentional cult.....her grift game is inspiring.