Any tips on how to attend college without taking too much student loans?

Daps
Coli, I am 32 years old and I am planning on getting back in class Spring, 2019; However, this being my second degree.....I prefer not to take out an abundant amount of loan figures. So far this is what I have been doing;

1. Applied for fafsa and my EFC = 0.
  2. Applying for scholarships through a book I got at Barnes and Nobles.
  3. Asked if there are any financial aid packages for minority at the college of my preference
  4. I will look for a part time job.

What other things can I do or apply so I can get back to school. Any tips?

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Coli, I am 32 years old and I am planning on getting back in class Spring, 2019; However, this being my second degree.....I prefer not to take out an abundant amount of loan figures. So far this is what I have been doing;

1. Applied for fafsa and my EFC = 0.
  2. Applying for scholarships through a book I got at Barnes and Nobles.
  3. Asked if there are any financial aid packages for minority at the college of my preference
  4. I will look for a part time job.

What other things can I do or apply so I can get back to school. Any tips?

Go to a State school

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
pay out of pocket and use grants and scholarships if available. dont be hell bent on finishing 120 credits in 4 years, or 30 Masters credits in 2. stretch if you have to.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was going to say ROTC but I believe there’s a limit.
High ACT/SAT score?
Apply to only state schools, or if your state has a good community college —> university system set up, see about your major and take 2 years of classes one place, and two years another.
Check out endowed scholarships as well as work-study.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Second degree? Unfortunately a lot of scholarships that are needs based you might not be eligible for since you already have a bachelors (I’m assuming) and that’s a big factor when being Pell Grant eligible.

If you have a bachelors already and are going for a second, you don’t really need to go to community college since you already have the requisite credits for upper level courses. Going to a state school might help for you.

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
Find a job that offers tuition reimbursement. Always heard UPS has good programs.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
National Guard, Air Force reserve, Army reserve etc.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Check if your school has payment plans, so it's manageable to break up the payment then paying all upfront