Anybody here ever think about running for local office in they city?

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
Any coli folk ever thinking about running for city council or anything like that in they city?

If so what would you run on? What would be your agenda?

I was thinking today I would want to create more FREE job programs for people and offer everyone free internet 10-50 mbps (though google fiber we have it here in Austin) as well as free chromebooks (any laptop will do) so people can access the internet at home they can find / apply for jobs and their children could do homework.

In a city that is trying to force us out I would focus on programs and free services so people can get access to work and stay in they communities. Would also try to find ways to get business loans for native black people so they can open up businesses easier. I just wanna see us win.

Anybody else ever think about this down the line when they get a little older or w/e?

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I've thought about it, but I my internet history would come into play. I wanted to run for my local Democratic county chair. Maybe down the line if I have enough free time.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
My agenda

- Community-Police working relationship
- Better Wages On Jobs
- Health benefits
- Community involvement
- Working with troubled kids within the inner city

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Any coli folk ever thinking about running for city council or anything like that in they city?

If so what would you run on? What would be your agenda?

I was thinking today I would want to create more FREE job programs for people and offer everyone free internet 10-50 mbps (though google fiber we have it here in Austin) as well as free chromebooks (any laptop will do) so people can access the internet at home they can find / apply for jobs and their children could do homework.

In a city that is trying to force us out I would focus on programs and free services so people can get access to work and stay in they communities. Would also try to find ways to get business loans for native black people so they can open up businesses easier. I just wanna see us win.

Anybody else ever think about this down the line when they get a little older or w/e?

Me but I’m paranoid and my old Facebook post will resurface.

I’d focus on Tranportion and Housing development and better policies in general to create better quality of life!