Anyone here ever lived in a multi unit apartment building?

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
I need a new place to live in 2 months. I live in a nice house now but its sold and i have two months to find a place to live.

It's either between finding a 2 family home where i get a 2br and live on the first or second floor which could suck because of noise complaints or its a 20-40 unit big ass apartment building.

What are the pros and cons in living in a pretty decent size apartment building. i never have

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Like Infamous said, it's cheaper, and you might have some cool neighboors or a lot of hoes in the complex, but that's pretty much it. They might contain amenities too, like a basketball court, swimming pool, laundromat, and shyt like that.

If you was in the south, you could rent a 2-3 bedroom house for the price you will pay for an apartment in Boston:smugfavre:

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
is the apartment in a good area or bad area?
i had a friend who lived on the 4th floor of an apartment complex, that had 6 floors, and the dirtbag russian man on the 5thfloor above her started festering roaches, and it got really bad to the point where they started to take over the 4th floor coming down out of the cracks and shyt. you would think they would go up for heat...but they came down instead.
i hated going to her crib after that happened.
it was so sad and disgusting.
and there were babies all over. :gag: cuz there was a fukkin nursery of young roaches that this man was harboring captive like a pedophile on the 5th floor.
i seen all different sizes exist in the building over a year until they bombed and even then there were refugees and soldiers still running around the place, after the bombing.
scust at the memories.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
I live in one now. It's cool. We got a gym and a pool here so the bytches are out. :win: Plus I live in a good area of town so I don't worry about break-ins or any shyt like that. Hell, I leave my door unlocked whenever I go to the gym and shyt. :manny:

The pros are it's cheaper and if you get to know the people you live around and they're cool, then that's a plus.

The cons are people can get up in your business and if you get to know the people you live around and they're NOT cool, then that's a negative. And if you live on the first floor, you can hear the people stomping on your head. I live on the top floor though, so those bytches are probably mad at me on those nights I come home drunk. :smugfavre:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Just google the apartment before you move in. You'll be able to read complaints an what not.

I lived in a 30+ floor high rise. I liked everything about it except waiting for the elevator. Now I live in a low rise and it's alright, I can't complain. Everyone in my building pretty much keeps to themselves.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
As long as you don't have a$$hole neighbors they're fine. Just scout the place out well and make sure you're not in a place where you're going to hear footsteps above you or the tv or talking in the apartments next door.

I think being in apartments actually makes it less likely to get your shyt broken into. There are more people around and there are fewer entry points to get in and out easily.

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
i been in one for 2 years next week. you can hear the motherfukkers above you (damn kids) but its pretty quiet and i dont feel like i have to worry about getting robbed.

whatthatthangsmelllike

W$GT$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach
When I had my joint on del amo my neighbor was cool as shyt used to smoke me out when I was smoking. It was a mutual thing like every one say it's cheaper just as long as u got good neighbors. If u single watch out for them lil baybay kids they will snitch on u.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i live in one and i hate it. it would be better if i didn't have to walk out of my section of the building and into the next section to do laundry and if the neighbors didn't call management on everything under the sun.

the only pro is rent is $400 for a 1br