Anyone practice yoga?

fckyoupayme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Yo Momma's Front Porch
Today I completed my 30th day of practicing yoga. Im still shocked that I started, but really happy that I took the leap. I feel stronger, centered and more aware of my body.

Anyways, I’m looking for a new YouTube yogi. I did yoga with Adrienne for the last 30 days and want to try out a different instructor. Any recommendations?

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Go to a class.

Its a totally different experience and the instructor can correct your form otherwise you don't have a clue what you're doing in terms of biomechanics until you've developed a level of body awareness. Also remember its not about strain but relaxation, too many people try to do yoga with a competitive mindstate and that is the exact opposite of the aim as you should be floating along the balance point of not enough and too much at all times with complete awareness of what you're doing.

Then you find out what its really about because without that you're just stretching.

fckyoupayme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Yo Momma's Front Porch
Go to a class.

Its a totally different experience and the instructor can correct your form otherwise you don't have a clue what you're doing in terms of biomechanics until you've developed a level of body awareness. Also remember its not about strain but relaxation, too many people try to do yoga with a competitive mindstate and that is the exact opposite of the aim as you should be floating along the balance point of not enough and too much at all times with complete awareness of what you're doing.

Then you find out what its really about because without that you're just stretching.
Thank you for the advice. Attending a class will probably have to wait until Covid and life responsibilities calm down. I went to a core yoga class before and really liked it

During my home practice I usually feel strain as I go through the different moves. I think it’s because I’m new to yoga. I haven’t gotten to the relaxation part yet lol

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Next time try the same flow but without as much effort and you'll notice a totally different aspect of your practice. Even though we all know you can't logically rest anything whilst straining it the moment people get onto a mat they think everything must look "perfect" (even though they can't see themselves, only other people) and that is the opposite of the whole point as its way more about feeling from inside than shaping from the outside.

A lot of instructors don't even know this and thus can't teach it because the cultural appropriation is strong and many just bobbed their head to the beat without peeping the lyrics. In a nutshell, the slower you go the quicker you get there and that is the exact antithesis of the modern world.

The reason why I advise classes is because you can easily slide into bad habits/poor form before you develop the proprioceptive awareness and this compounds like when you see someone with hunched over posture - that feels straight to them. If you align their spine correctly they'll say they feel like they're leaning back. Also the practice naturally improves your immune system, stress response etc... so stick with it, don't worry and be happy.

fckyoupayme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Yo Momma's Front Porch
Next time try the same flow but without as much effort and you'll notice a totally different aspect of your practice. Even though we all know you can't logically rest anything whilst straining it the moment people get onto a mat they think everything must look "perfect" (even though they can't see themselves, only other people) and that is the opposite of the whole point as its way more about feeling from inside than shaping from the outside.

A lot of instructors don't even know this and thus can't teach it because the cultural appropriation is strong and many just bobbed their head to the beat without peeping the lyrics. In a nutshell, the slower you go the quicker you get there and that is the exact antithesis of the modern world.

The reason why I advise classes is because you can easily slide into bad habits/poor form before you develop the proprioceptive awareness and this compounds like when you see someone with hunched over posture - that feels straight to them. If you align their spine correctly they'll say they feel like they're leaning back. Also the practice naturally improves your immune system, stress response etc... so stick with it, don't worry and be happy.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom. The next time I step onto the mat I will slow my pace to find the relaxation and awareness