Anyone using Netgear orbi or other mesh networking for gaming

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If so how is it? Have read a few mixed reviews in the net regarding mesh networking and gaming but not a lot of info out there.
Anyone got experience with them?

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have an orbi router with one orbi satellite at the crib. Works great for me so far.

I can double this
Pc on it wirelessly (cant tell a difference)
Consoles direct

Are you guys using the rbk20 model or the more expensive rbk50 model?
I've just realised I've been reading the reviews for the rbk50 but am actually looking at the cheaper model.

Otherwise are their any decent cheap routers that i could game on a ps4 from the sleepout/garage where the ps4 would be about 80-100 feet away from the router without terrible lag. Right now with the supplied modem/router I get about 5mb download speeds (in the network tester in the ps4 menu) onthe ps4 and about 160 ping on fortnight (nephew plays that lol), whereas in the ps4 in the house which is about 20 feet away from the router it gets about 70mb download speeds and around 30 ping on BFV.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I've just realised I've been reading the reviews for the rbk50 but am actually looking at the cheaper model.

Otherwise are their any decent cheap routers that i could game on a ps4 from the sleepout/garage where the ps4 would be about 80-100 feet away from the router without terrible lag. Right now with the supplied modem/router I get about 5mb download speeds (in the network tester in the ps4 menu) onthe ps4 and about 160 ping on fortnight (nephew plays that lol), whereas in the ps4 in the house which is about 20 feet away from the router it gets about 70mb download speeds and around 30 ping on BFV.

Not at the crib so I can't tell ya

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset

Rbk30:deadmanny:

I've got my
smart alarm
CCTV cameras
Phones x2
Tablets
Gaming pc
X2 laptops
Smart alarm clock
X3 Google home mini
X1 Google home
X10 smart bulbs
WiFi printer
PS4
Xbox 1
Switch
Nest thermostat
And that's just off the top of my head and I have no issues with gaming/downloads.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
If so how is it? Have read a few mixed reviews in the net regarding mesh networking and gaming but not a lot of info out there.
Anyone got experience with them?

You’re not asking for this advice but I recommend running Cat5/6 from Console to Switch if you’re a hardcore online gamer.