As a black person, come in here and explain why you hate on Jay -Z

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I dont see a lot of valid reasons to hate dude, as a man he himself has done a lot to admire and considering hes flipped his entrepreneurship to philantrophy and social causes is a good look

His stans might be doing a lot in terms of marginalising other artists to pop him up but stans do that anyway. I know theres people who hate Nas, Eminem etc cause of their stans too but thats the only reason why I think people dislike him and thats just the culture now, people hate certain artist because of the fandom behind them and how they pushed them and down others but thats it and thats much to hate on in the grand scheme of things

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
I don't hate him, but his 'I been selling crack rock since '88' repetitive lyrics were disturbing..he over did the drug selling talk IMO, just overkill. It got annoying like listening to Pusha.

Other than that :yeshrug:

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
i think any perceived hate for jay is just an internet thing. kinda like the nas (nauze) lost movement of the early 2000's

pretty much used to get under stanleys skin lol

granted i think there are those who have genuine criticisms of how jay moves but for the most part it's done for effect