As a grown man why don’t you have life insurance?

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Also, don't wait until you're older to purchase a LI policy. Your monthly premium will be higher the later you start. 36 year old, male, non-smoker is looking at around $40/month for a $450/500kish policy. About another $20 more for a policy without a physical. A physical is gonna run you on average around $125. I'd pay it if I didn't have health insurance. That's an additional $7.2k you'd pay over the course of a 30 year policy if you'd bought a no physical policy.
I'm confused, apologies for me not understanding but didn't you say it was free earlier?

Daps
I'm confused, apologies for me not understanding but didn't you say it was free earlier?
The $10k is free. But, if you ever want a bigger policy, that pays hundreds of thousands of dollars in the death benefit, the time is now. The older you are when you start, the higher the monthly premium you have to pay.

For example, I'm only 12 years older than you, but if I got a new policy today, even in excellent health, I'd have to pay around $200 a month vs. your $40.

Last edited:
Daps
I’m glad this conversation is happening - I wish more black people thought about their after life arrangements. For $25-30 dollars a month you could make sure your kids, siblings, extended family, or friends are taken care of. Wouldn’t you like your after life legacy to be a positive one? Imagine putting your little sister through med school or your gifted cousin through law school, or if you’re not close with your family helping a few of your homies have enough for a down payment on a house - as opposed to your death being a strain or burden on your family financially.

I used this site for my policy - it was super easy and no physical req - you can also set up a will for no extra cost.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
The $10k is free. But, if you ever want a bigger policy, that pays hundreds of thousands of dollars in the death benefit, the time is now. The older you are when you start, the higher the monthly premium you have to pay.

For example, I'm only 12 years older than you, but if I got a new policy today, even in excellent health, I'd have to pay around $200 a month vs. your $40.
Ok, gotcha thanks!

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
I’m glad this conversation is happening - I wish more black people thought about their after life arrangements. For $25-30 dollars a month you could make sure your kids, siblings, extended family, or friends are taken care of. Wouldn’t you like your after life legacy to be a positive one? Imagine putting your little sister through med school or your gifted cousin through law school, or if you’re not close with your family helping a few of your homies have enough for a down payment on a house - as opposed to your death being a strain or burden on your family financially.

I used this site for my policy - it was super easy and no physical req - you can also set up a will for no extra cost.

@Realm-Breaker looks pretty good 👍

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Horseshyt.

I know a free LI policy that'll pay 10K. That's enough to bury you. All you have to do to keep it active is click a link every quarter to renew it.

No catch.

My dumb ass cousin wouldn't sign up after hounding him several times but I got my aunt to force him to. About half a year later, he gets a cancer diagnosis. That wasn't a lot of money, but they didn't have to setup a GoFundMe to bury him.

-----

Smoking one less sack of weed or drinking one less bottle of liquor a month would pay for a 30-year term policy with a high death benefit especially when you're young. I'm talking $25 a month for a 30-year term policy paying out a half a million-dollar death benefit.
@Realm-Breaker this link looks pretty good as well 👍