As a kid, did anybody else think British accents were "only for TV entertainment"

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Lol.

When I was a kid, and seen actors on Hercules and Xena Warrior Princess and King Arthur ATNOJ talking in British accents, I thought that type of talking was only for entertainment.

I didn't know until I was like 8 or 9, when I heard some British accents at Fairlane mall and it was like 12 people (whole family) in Hudsons visiting some family in Michigan, and these folks were confusing the shyt outta me as an 8 year old.

I actually asked them where they were from. They said London. I asked if they actually talked like that over there, and a woman was offended with that question :mjlol:. My auntie eventually found me and helped them explain UK accents to me. I was aware of other languages, but unaware that other nations spoke English in a different form.

I'm in court waiting on my lawyer. Don't mind me bro but it's dead ASF in this bytch

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I have cousins in the UK so I didn't for me. Interestingly enough, Americans are the ones who speak with the OG British accent. The general American accent is an 18th century London accent

@10:47

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
No. I had a neighbor who's British cousin came to visit one summer. They're family is from the Caribbean so it made sense.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if I did I don’t remember

once I saw a James Bond movie and Steven Regal on wrestling tho i knew what the UK was and I was probably like 5

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
laugh now OP.......

high-court-judge.jpg