• Total voters

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Which is the the bettor honor? :ehh:

I go with being named after. My best homie growing up had two boys, and named the first one after his father that passed when he was a child, then shocked ya boy when he said he was naming his second one after me.

Something about that always got me feeling :win:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Having a child named after you..What does a god parent do that a cousin, uncle, etc. doesnt?

ultimate sign of respect form person. Saying you want them to take care of there kid if they die.

Traditionally, godparents were informally responsible for ensuring the child's religious education was carried out, and for caring for the child should he/she be orphaned. Today, the word godparent might not have explicitly religious overtones. The modern view of a godparent tends to be an individual chosen by the parents to take an interest in the child's upbringing and personal development

people don't take as serious today but it use to be a big deal. :yeshrug:

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
If my homie only trusted me with his kids I'd step up and care for them if the parents died.

Since I get to choose though. A name it's less responsibility.

Out of curiosity if you feel comfortable what's your first name?

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
Real traditional "god parent"> name. But as it is most times today< name. My brother's first child is named after me. Favors me somewhat, too. :smugdraper: