At least 100 killed in border clashes between Ethiopia's Somali and Afar regions - official

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda

regional beef, a Somali clan called Isse (Jesus in english) and a small ethnic group called the Afars have been fighting here and there for centuries, however for what ever reason, the afar region of Ethiopia decided to attack and annex part of the Somali region, which caused the Somali Liyu army to attack and expel the afar forces into their territory. It's crazy, so many ethnic wars in Ethiopia

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
regional beef, a Somali clan called Isse (Jesus in english) and a small ethnic group called the Afars have been fighting here and there for centuries, however for what ever reason, the afar region of Ethiopia decided to attack and annex part of the Somali region, which caused the Somali Liyu army to attack and expel the afar forces into their territory. It's crazy, so many ethnic wars in Ethiopia

Does this affect relations between somalis and afars in djibouti at all

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda

I am not too sure, but I know the isses of Ethiopia despise the djiboutian president who is one of them, they accuse him of being loyal only to his family and cronies.
I think he realizes that if directly takes sides, it will cause a civil war inside his country. Tough position to be in

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

I am not too sure, but I know the isses of Ethiopia despise the djiboutian president who is one of them, they accuse him of being loyal only to his family and cronies.
I think he realizes that if directly takes sides, it will cause a civil war inside his country. Tough position to be in
The Afars have tried to be clever by taking these locales in the Somali region of Ethiopia so they can control all roads going into Djibouti.

The Afars are a minority in Djibouti... the Somalis (Isse Clan) are 60% of the population there.

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
The Afars are a minority in Djibouti... the Somalis (Isse Clan) are 60% of the population there.

That was a horrible blunder on the Afars side, by trying to annex those areas in the region, they brought the rest of us into their internal conflict, we usually stayed off the isse vs afar nomadic battles but this time they crossed all boundaries. I am hearing the Amhara in Addis had a hand in the mess and are now calling for the Somali regional forces to pull out of the area wtf. I suspect there's a bigger agenda behind the scenes

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
@2Quik4UHoes

get in here and tell me the next time me and the wife gonna be able to go back to addis. its been hot over there for a minute :lupe:

Addis cool, I dunno about outside the city tho.

To be fair tho, Afar and Somali have had beef for years.

That was a horrible blunder on the Afars side, by trying to annex those areas in the region, they brought the rest of us into their internal conflict, we usually stayed off the isse vs afar nomadic battles but this time they crossed all boundaries. I am hearing the Amhara in Addis had a hand in the mess and are now calling for the Somali regional forces to pull out of the area wtf. I suspect there's a bigger agenda behind the scenes

Yeah not sure what’s going on with that.

King Ming

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Azania

So is this a Muslim vs Xtian beef?