Atlanta is the Mecca of Hip Hop. It used to be NY but ya'll had this for the past ten years" - Baby

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I haven’t visited ATL yet but every time I visit NYC, it just feels like the city is oozing heavy with Hip Hop culture, even in parts of Manhattan. It’s really hard to describe…You can just feel it when you’re walking around or riding the Subway. Only other major city I’ve been to that gave me a similar vibe from a Hip Hop standpoint was LA.

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Some of ya'll getting hung up on the "Mecca" shyt he obviously didn't use the word right. NY is the Mecca but he ain't wrong about Atlanta running this shyt for the past ten years. The whole game got the sound, swag, everything from the South right now. Ya'll getting mad he ain't use the word right but can't argue his true point lol.

Yeahhhhh I can’t speak for other places but definitely not around here slim other than the Trap shyt :mjlol:

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
This is thebooth :flabbynsick::flabbynsick: full of old heads that still stuck on the Nas/Jay beef. They still think they are relevant, see the king disease sticky that no one but 5 booth posters listen to

You geekin with that King’s Disease comment hardbody but other than that, I agree.

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
U forgetting to list the UK shark biting. The Houston influence. The Bay Area influence. NYC influence, nikka initial style came from an NC group. But let’s say it’s ATL for Drake. What about Cole and Kendrick?

You forgot about the NOLA influence all throughout Scorpion and the first Scary Hours.

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
We are the new Mecca.

giphy.gif

Just....fukk history huh?

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Chief Keef was a Lil Wayne clone before all that. And Chief Keef ain’t the only drill rapper. shyt the most popular ex drill rappers currently are Durk, King Von, and Herbo. And the one who people jacked the most even till this day. Is Herbo. Who wasn’t ATL sounding in the slightest.
early chief keef and his niccas aspired to be leanheads likd gucci
but lets go with your point.....tthey were influenced by nola and atl, not the fkin east coast rappers.

I totally forgot NLMB, thats on me. but where was the east coast influence???