Bad used cars

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
A lot of people ask if a particular used car is good. Here's a top 10 list of cars you don't even want to bother with.

10. Volkswagen New Beetle (automatic transmission issues and cheap interior components; diesel models with 5-speed manuals are by far the best powertrain option.)
9. Mazda 626 (automatic transmission issues, all models.)
8. Lincoln Aviator (a gussied-up, unpopular Ford Explorer that had unique sensor and software issues which negatively impacted the overall powertrain and electronics.)
7. Jaguar S-Type (Extensive transmission and engine issues on all V-6 and V-8 models. Along with Limited edition models with ungodly replacement costs.)
6. Lincoln LS (Same basic powertrain as the Jaguar S-Type with nearly identical results.)
5. Mazda Millenia (Engine issues, transmission issues and cheap interiors that just don't wear well.)
4. Land Rover Discovery (Expensive parts. Expensive powertrains. Electronics that are apparently the spawn of Beelzebub.)
3. Mini Cooper (Bad transmissions that are unusually expensive to replace. Cheap interior parts. Cheap hydraulics.)
2. Land Rover Freelander (A cost-cutting exercise that went way past the bone.)

1. Mazda CX-7 (Engine issues on these vehicles are legion with nearly a third of these vehicles sold with "Engine needs service" announcements at the auctions.)

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...c-guide-10-worst-used-vehicles-222709616.html

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Man I used to love those Jags. Glad I never got one.
I would only buy a Jaguar if I was able to swap out the engine and transmission with an American or Japanese one. Seats and interior are on another level.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Ford owned Land Rover from 2000 to 2008. The Freelander was first sold in 1997, before Ford owned them.There was never any parts sharing between Ford and Land Rover. The Land Rover Discovery was first sold in the US in 1994, also before Ford owned them.
To the benefit of Ford, they weren't involved in creating trash drivetrains of the Freelander and Discovery. But on the flip side, they didn't fix it.

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
My Fusion held me down well. :manny:
It's odd because Ford's main brand "Ford" usually makes decent cars, yeah they went thru problems in the 90's and that whole Firestone incident, but they bounced back. it seems like all of their sub-brands are the ones with the problems...go figure :manny:

almost every Car brand has their fukk-ups sooner or later...look at Toyota with their braking problems in the Prius. and Honda with their braking problems in the Odyssey.