Being in shape as a man makes your life so much easier so why are so many men fat?

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are not negative affects to working out none. Of course if you do it properly.

And the only major risk of injury is usually when you get into powerlifting which is useless unless thats your profession.

Everything improves when you workout constitently. Mentally, emotionally, spiritually and of course physically.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
There are not negative affects to working out none. Of course if you do it properly.

And the only major risk of injury is usually when you get into powerlifting which is useless unless thats your profession.

Everything improves when you workout constitently. Mentally, emotionally, spiritually and of course physically.
Injuries from powerlifting really that common?

That's the only type of programs I've every really done, but no injuries yet.

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My first year doing it was challenging, but not tough......if that makes sense? I have rather clean eating habits (no pork and no red meat) so the hunger pains weren't too severe for me. Got light headed and felt lethargic though. I spent most of my day walking around in a hoodie and laying down. After about the 3rd or 4th day, I no longer had hunger pains. It got a lot easier physically, but mentally it tortured me. I didn't realize how much I used food as a way to pass time. That's literally all I thought about, even when I physically wasn't hungry. Speaking of time.....it moves soooooo slow. The finish line seems like forever. And that's why it's way more mental than physical. You fight your mind way more than you fight your stomach. Oh....keep some gum on deck. Breathe isn't the most pleasant when doing it either.

Now I'm about 5 years into doing it every January and it's a breeze. I spend about a week leading up to it cleaning up my diet (no candy and slow down on the drinking) so that the hunger pains won't bother me and I'm good to go. I've gotten to the point I can workout, hit the sauna, etc while doing my water fast. My mind it used to it, but I still have to fight thru. It's really challenging, mentally.....I can't stress that enough. Especially walking around the house with the wife and kids chowing down and I'm carrying a jug of water around. At the end of the day, you find out how strong our bodies really are and realize we simply eat way too much as Americans. Each time, I lose about 10-15 lbs. Then I spend another few weeks being mindful of what I'm putting in my body because you kinda value the work you put in and will feel kinda guilty eating a greasy burger or something. But life grabs a hold of me and by February, I'm back to my old ways. But the experience sticks with you. So even if you don't eat all the way healthy afterwards, you become mindful of it and will make better eating choices sometimes. I recommend it for everyone. We've been conditioned to think we need to eat not only everyday, but multiple times a day, and that's not true at all. And if you're a spiritual person, the inner strength you use to get thru it is dope.
The longest I went was 10 days, this past February. Tried to do it last year, but only got to day 5.

ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
Most people just don’t care for their health, appearance and longevity. Everyone knows the toxic effects of liquor; yet it is one of the most consumed substance on the planet. Why do you think the same people will be in the gym? People don’t care as long as they are happy and get their dopamine fix; nothing else matters to them.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Injuries from powerlifting really that common?

That's the only type of programs I've every really done, but no injuries yet.

You don't see these workout fails on youtube with dudes breaking legs because they try to deadlift 450.
Even just wear and tear throughout time can cause injury if you are working out consistently.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Countries such as Iceland don't have a single McDonald's in their country, and they don't miss it. Cut down on that fast food and sugar filled drinks shyt brehs honestly. Even the quality of meat is trash these days and we consume to much specially for those of you living in America.

Iceland is one of the most obese countries in the world breh

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Being in shape is hard fukking work...staying in shape is even harder. Luckily I like working out and I'm more vain than I am a foodie at this point in my life so I'd rather look good and feel good than constantly eat shyt that taste good but I can understand why people are fat.

Go to your high school reunion and you'll see just how easy it is to get there.