Benny The Butcher Agrees That 'Underground Boom Bap Scene Needs To Evolve

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps
benny-the-butcher-agrees-that-underground-boom-bap-scene-needs-to-evolve-1200x675.jpg

"Benny The Butcher, who has long been associated with revivalist Hip Hop, believes that even his brand of music needs to adjust to the current landscape.

On Wednesday (January 24), a social media user tweeted: “IMO, The underground boombap scene needs to evolve a little bit. Seems like everyone got the same collab ambitions and doing the same shyt over and over. More branching out. Don’t box yourself in the same shyt that 15 other n-ggas just did.”

The Griselda MC noticed the post and quoted it with the comment: “I couldn’t agree more.”

Check out the interaction below:

Benny The Butcher’s career arc demonstrates his adaptability and, as a result, his increasing popularity among Hip Hop heads of all breeds. Not everyone, however, has been welcoming of the change.

Last year, the Buffalo native engaged in a back-and-forth with a die-hard fan who didn’t seem particularly thrilled about his chosen path.

The exchange began when the “BRON” rapper tweeted: “I’m on a 7 year run. Only 3 years away from the 10 year run I promised y’all on 1 way flight.”

Soon after, a user by the name Brick Ban Exel quoted the post and wrote, “But the last 4 years been late career Vince Carter big dog,” to which the 39-year-old replied: “This wat I mean bout y’all lil opinions Numbers never went down champ…only UP…however u feel personally is not the reality of the situation. God bless u.”

The fan then responded: “C’mon fam. I been rocking w you since [his 2016 album] My First Brick & [2017 mixtape] Butcher on [Ste]Roids & got a frame of your album in my crib. No one rocks w you more than me, but I gotta keep it a stack, you not hitting beats the same way you used to. Go listen to Butcher on Roids. Always rooting for you.”

“Thts an OPINION …u most likely a boom bap guy…it’s a FACT numbers go up every time…opinions > facts,” the recent Def Jam signee then said, prompting his day one to clarify his stance and write: “I am boom-bap at heart, but so are you. You one of the nicest of all time on Alc/Camo/Daringer beats. It’s don’t fix what isn’t broke to me.”

Finally, Benny laid things to rest and posted: “So we got to the bottom of it. 1 of my beloved [boom] bap day 1’s havin trouble adjusting to the growth of Benny The Butcher…I love u guys but numbers still goin up cuz we’re known outside those circles now champ…don’t be mad , Celebrate us.”

Benny The Butcher Agrees That 'Underground Boom Bap Scene Needs To Evolve'